Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

pot to help?
      #197055 - 06/22/06 09:36 AM

Just wondering how many people use medical marijauna to help with depression, eating whatever... I've been using it for awhile now and I think it helps but I want to know your thoughts?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: pot to help? new
      #197443 - 06/24/06 12:53 PM

hey I agree. whatever makes you feel better. Nobody is going to tell me what medication I use to help with my pain.

alivehoping
Legend

Reged: 04/05/06
      #198001 - 06/28/06 06:49 AM

for the eating part it does wonder for me ive gained 15 lbs in a month,as for deppression,well i have that diagnosis too.but the smoking of pot does make some happy and others get paranoid,and so on,everyone is different,as well is the different typs of marajunna and the intensity it gives you.it is illigal here but i need it for eating and i like its effects.take care

taurusthecat
Master

Reged: 11/02/06
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
      #213663 - 11/02/06 11:54 AM

Hi. In my personal experience, pot has actually CAUSED depression. There is more and more research to show that if you have any sort of predisposition to depression already or other mental issues, then pot will likely make them worse.
Like alcohol, pot might seem to help initially and lift your mood, but as more and more time goes by you might find that it actually makes you feel more depressed than you were to start with. By the way, I'm not talking about the occassional toke, I'm talking about heavy, continued use. I was smoking daily and many joints per day. Although I found that the first joints lifted my spirits and made me feel wonderful, continued use made me lethargic (and my hiv already makes me lethargic anyway) I didn't get anything done which made me even more sorry for myself, after a few weeks of smoking I started getting delusional, lost touch with reality slightly, my sleep patterns went haywire and then finally, I got very depressed and mentally all over the place. Last time I went on a smoking bout I thought my partner (who I love very much) was all wrong for me, somewhow I just got it into my head that it wasn't working. We nearly broke up, and if it wasn't for his patience with me we would have. After I stopped smoking (all my plants were stripped bare and I had none left) I came back to my senses and realised just how out of touch and depressed and delusional and a mess I had become. And it was totally due to my smoking pot. I am not saying that this will be true for everyone, but it is my experience and worth sharing with you. The occassional toke might be fine, and even some people might be able to smoke frequently with no ill-effects, but it really does pay to be aware that it is possible that smoking dope in some people will make them depressed, delusional and actually be a bad thing for their physcial and mental health, particuarly when you're indulging all day every day.

--------------------
I'm like fake fruit...... I don't bruise that easy.

slitter028

Reged: 10/16/07
Loc: Carrollton, Kentucky
      #237439 - 03/13/08 06:40 AM

I smoke on a daily basis, not all day every day, but everyday nonetheless. If it wasn't for pot i think i would have starved to death already. It is the only thing that gives me any kind of appetite. Unfortunetly I live in KY, and medical marijuana is not legal here :-(...Anyway, as far as depression, i think that is specifically an individual issue, pot does different things for different people...some depressed...some goofy...some quite...some histerically laughing...for me it has never caused depression, which is surprising, because i've had a problem with that...Prozac helps, as does xanax. I'm thinking about asking my doc to prescribe Marinol for me since i would like to quit "smoking" marijuana, as well as cigs, but that might be a litle too much at once...Best of luck..
Ray

--------------------
Best of luck...Remember, EVERY PILL, EVERY DAY
Ray

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6096

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3