Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sustiva or DDI/hydroxurea
      #189 - 03/29/00 12:43 PM

I am a female recovering addict and have been clean for over ten years. I am getting real weird side effects from Sustiva and even though I started taking it at night, I feel somewhat foggy during the day. Will this end and I feel somewhat normal again? I switched off of PI's because of the beginnings of lipodystrophy but I felt perfectly okay on them. I also get agitated and upset real easily.

Also, what about the combination of D4T, DDI and hydroxurea? Is that a potent combination if the Sustiva/D4T and 3TC combo I am on now doesn't make me feel okay? My viral load has been undetectable for years now. Also, is it true that even though I may have developed some resistance to DDI from taking it years ago that the combination with hydroxurea would make it potent again?

Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Billy
Unregistered

Re: Sustiva or DDI/hydroxurea new
      #190 - 03/29/00 12:43 PM

Hi, Anon....
When I 1st started my regimen of d4t, ddI, hydroxea and Sustiva, I was really almost scared that I might
be facing a 2nd near-death episode as I succussfully survived back in '95 (ALL my previous combos
showed signs of failure.). When you face Death once, you really do not want to again until God calls
you home, so to speak.

I found this bulletin board and had 2 reponses. I have tried to, pretty successfully, built a nice "line of sharing"
with them both: one in Canada and one in Pittsburg, I believe.

My success w/ this combo has been PHENOMENAL! I have had a VR

Steve
Unregistered

#191 - 03/29/00 12:44 PM

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I have been on a Sustiva/3Tc/D4T combo for 6 weeks now (first time on meds) with good results. I, too, had a difficult adjustment to Sustiva for 2-3 weeks. The good news is that it DOES get better and your body adjusts to it...thank God. Don't let it get you down as Sustiva is a very good drug. Hang in there

Billy
Unregistered

#192 - 03/29/00 12:44 PM

Hi Steve,

I just posted, too, and then found YOUR post! Please e-mail me if YOU like, too.....badmllr@pacbell.net

Billy

Gabe
Unregistered

#193 - 03/29/00 12:45 PM

I just switched to a d4T, 3TC, sustiva, and hydroxyurea combo to get off of indinavir. I'm glad to hear these bizarre side effects from sustiva go away soon. I've been on for a week and have been feeling really trippy--dizzy, confused, vivid dreams, irritable, sometimes I even feel like I'm on the verge of hallucinating (waiting for the pink elephant to come trotting by). Nothing yet, tho. :) Will post again in a few weeks to report on progress. Thanks for the cheerleading

beachdude
Unregistered

#3908 - 05/11/00 10:07 PM

I just tested positive and my doctor is recommending Sustiva/3Tc and D4T. I am so scared of the side effects of the Sustiva. I am glad to hear you can get through it. I'll let you know how it goes. thanks.

Anonymouscw
Unregistered

#11697 - 11/01/00 08:48 AM

Im thinking of getting onto sustiva and combivir but it seesm to me that we can all help ourselkves quite a bit if we add remune to the 'cocktail.' Any thoughts on this? From what I can gather the remune gets some sort of cd8 response which seems to be the way of mobilizing the immune system to effectively work as an 'additional drug.' The long term goal for us is to get the immune system to control the virus -I reckon il2 and Remune hold the key here.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#100873 - 07/07/04 03:15 AM

that is good news except I have not felt stoned in 11 yrs and I hate this feeling of being wasted...it has only been five days and I cant imagine feeling stoned for another two weeks. I am anxious and just want to sleep to avoid this horriable feeling. It is especially hard being so anti drug because of my past drug history with weed. I honestly feel like im alway stoned i am so happy to hear that i will be in my right mind again...this sucks

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9158

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3