Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
bigdaddy

Reged: 12/05/05
Is a cure at hand?
      #166567 - 12/08/05 08:01 AM

Read this: http://www.biofind.com/press/press_release.asp?id=1480 . It sounds to my laymans ears, really really promising. What's everyone think?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Is a cure at hand? new
      #166693 - 12/09/05 01:57 PM

It's a press release...that should clue you in. No cure yet.

Also it's from romania. Also it is an idea. Never been tried in a human being it seems...need human trials! So it's nonsense for now. The Americans have looked at eradication and failed...Romanians are really behind in science...nothing coming out of there, particulary HIV wise.

ny10001
Grand Master

Reged: 07/08/05
Loc: New York
      #166998 - 12/14/05 01:44 PM

Unfortunately, an absolute cure is not likely to happen since it's a virus. Many viruses are never eradicated from the body...our immune system simply learns how to recognize them and kill them each time a new copy pops up. Unfortunately, in this case the virus in question replicates by taking over cells of the immune system.

The largest hope at this point is probably through forms of gene therapy that would help to produce T-cells that would basically be immune to the virus. That would allow an individual to live on with little or no medication despite the presence of the virus. Technically you'd still be infected (and could stil pass on the virus), but at least you'd be able to live with less or no medication.

Aussienurse
Unregistered

#167288 - 12/18/05 02:35 AM

I have to agree with the other guys here. It's a fanciful story at best. Developing a vaccine that will cover all known mutations will never happen. I'm not even sure if single amino acid changes can be readily distinguished by the bodies immune system. It is usually the larger proteins that are targets such as gag, pol and env. Even mutants will have these proteins so I think any vaccine that targets them will have a good effect on all strains.

Still Looking
Unregistered

#167628 - 12/22/05 01:52 PM

I've been looking at all the drugs, herbal remedies, etc. I ran across this one, Deepblueinc.com Has anyone else run across anything like this before?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#167653 - 12/22/05 06:20 PM

Nope. This is a first for me. It's interesting but I searched the site and I coudn't find any research that backs up their claims. There is no real data... just predictions. They don't even mention how hyperbaric pressure effects the immune system, or which gases would be used. I hope they find something but I wouldn't be counting on it being too soon.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7056

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3