Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

One month on medication---first test results
      #159068 - 08/24/05 07:08 PM

Hi everyone,
I've been on the sustiva/truvada combo for one month.
My t-cells went from 248 to 354 and my viral load went from 39,000 to 83. My doctor says this is good. I guess I just want to hear from others with more treatment experience what they think of these results and what I can expect from continued treatment. Is this really good? Should it be better?
Thanks to all who respond. I'm still a newbie at this and I'm still scared.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
debtex
Veteran

Reged: 03/21/05
Re: One month on medication---first test results new
      #159080 - 08/24/05 11:06 PM

Are you kidding me.....those are great results. and after only one month. from 39,000 to 89....in ONE month. w/ in days you will be undetectable.......and your tcells will go even higher. VERY VERY GOOD NEWS!!! yayy for that!! keep up the good work.....just stick to the schedule ok!!?
You will probalby hear the same thing from everyone who reads this. !! VERY GOOD INDEED!!

Monchhichi
Regular

Reged: 02/07/05
Loc: Florida
      #159151 - 08/26/05 02:34 AM

No doubt, can we throw likw a friggin virtual party for you? Those numbers are unreal!! Keep up the good work and let us know next test results that your copies are 50! Undectable! Get ready for it because you are heading that way. Get yourself something really nice that you have been wanting (money permitting of course)! Damn I am so happy for you!

--------------------
Never forget: Life is too precious to take for granted.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159714 - 09/08/05 03:41 PM

Yes, those are awesome results. I've been on this particular combo now for a while, and my VL has gone to undetectable and has stayed that way for some time. You're doing great! Keep it up!

gdl
Unregistered

#159725 - 09/08/05 06:38 PM

Hey! That's great! I've been on the same combo for two months now and in my first three weeks VL went from 18000 to 180...don't know CD4s yet but am anticipating more good news at next quarterly test...Happy happy happy for you!!!

Steve in Georgia
Unregistered

#159743 - 09/09/05 06:07 AM

JOIN THE CLUB! You're doing GREAT! My lover went from 100,000+ vl to UNDETECTABLE in 6 months using Sustiva & Entriva/Viread (now Truvada) and his T's from less than 100 to 500+ ("normal" range). My numbers were not as "out of whack" as his initially but I, too, am undetectable and "normal" T's. Our Dr. @ MCG says he's "The Poster Man" for what happens when everything goes right - INCLUDING strict compliance. You're doing GREAT, too!

BiPolarBearNJ
Unregistered

#159747 - 09/09/05 09:28 AM

That's good news, stick with your regiment, don't miss taking your med's and consider yourself lucky in that when I diagnsoed I was taking 15 pills daily, I to am on a new cocktail after a 13 month DOCTOR ASSISTED drug holiday, I'm on Norvir,Rayataz,Truvada and have gone from 354 T Cells to 584 and 551,000 VL to 6000 and it's been two months since restarting.

Stay with it and God Bless

robbyitalguy
Unregistered

#159864 - 09/11/05 01:07 AM

I`m on Sustive alsso and havent had my blood work done yet but as long as your t`s are going up and v.l. are going down, Thats great . I`ve been hiv forover 10 years and i still get real scared too .

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159898 - 09/12/05 03:26 AM

aids money is a money minter in malawi and more especiallly with the grobal funds people are syphoning the money with impunity. These days papole have come up with an idea of forming bogus AIDS NGOs and the boses who control the AIDs funds take a cut whenever they allocate funds to such NGOs. There are many people who are willing to go for HIV test but without any medication policy it is scaring to know ones status. Access to medication is not gauranteed and it is better to leave in ignorance of ones status other than to know your status and waste away due to phycological pressure.

aka
Unregistered

#163041 - 10/31/05 07:45 PM

if it's not to personal, why did you stop...did the virus get worse when you stopped taking your meds, were you scared, I was just diagnosed 9-11-05 and all i hear is take your medicine everyday because if you don't your body can become reisstant and you won't be able to take any more of the same class meds.....do you think that is true

HudsonJet
New User

Reged: 07/03/05
Loc: Texas
      #163367 - 11/04/05 11:00 AM

I have never stopped taking the meds. I've never missed a dose. Yes, compliance with your medication is critical and it is true that you can develop resistance to the medication if you don't stick with it as prescribed. Initially the side effects of the medication are not pleasant but they pass. You didn't say if you had started medication yet or what your status is, but you do have to take them consistently for them to work.
I have no side effects or problems with the medications now.
Good luck and take care.
HJ

--------------------
HJ

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10463

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3