The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
FLYEAGLE

Reged: 06/27/05
Loc: PA
HEART ATTACK, LSD TRIP BEFORE EVEN TAKING MEDS!!
      #156591 - 06/27/05 12:59 AM

I HAVE JUST GOT MY FIRST PRESCRIPTION FOR MEDS ON THURSDAY I WENT FRIDAY EVENING AND EVEN WITH INSURANCE MY MEDS WERE GOING TO COST CLOSE TO 700.00 I HAVE NOT TALKED WITH MY DOC YET BUT HOW IN THE WORLD DO I AFFORD TO KEEP MYSELF ALIVE I CANT BUY THESE DRUGS. WHER DO I FIND HELP? MY DOCTOR SAID THE SIDE EFFECTS WERE LIKE BEING HIGH AND HALLUCINATING WEIRD DREAMS LIKE I WAS ON LSD BUT HE DID NOT SAY BEFORE I TOOK THE MEDS THIS WOULD OCCUR, ITHOUGHT I WAS GOING TO FAINT IN FRONT OF THE PHARMACIST, ANY HELP IN PAYING FOR THESE DRUGS AVAILABLE?
THANK YOU.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
spiritzone2
Grand Master

Reged: 06/24/05
Loc: PORTLAND ROCKS !!
Re: HEART ATTACK, LSD TRIP BEFORE EVEN TAKING MEDS!! new
      #157397 - 07/17/05 04:24 AM

Drug assistance programs {ADAP} are available in every state in the nation. I am assuming you are in the US. If you are near a major city (or even if not) check out all available ASO's (AIDS service organizations) which will be able to assist you. I myself take Sustiva and I love it. The vivid dreams are so colorful and beautiful. Because of the energizing effects of Sustiva I take it in the morning even though the instructions say to take it at night. Sometimes you have to individulize your meds 'cause we all are different (even tho we're all more alike than different) I mean to say: the virus effects us all differently. With the Sustiva, make sure you take it on an empty stomach. That's another reason i take it in the morning after i wake up but before breakfast because to be 100% compliant with my meds,that's the only time i have an empty stomache. You especially want to make sure you do not ever have any protein of any kind in your stomache when you swallow your sustiva because the possibly is high that it all will come back up. Your doctor should have warned you and YOU should have read the small print that probably came with the medicine. it is all in there. get a magnafying glass if the print is too small and read every word even if you don't understand it. That's how we educate ourselves. The reason your doctor wouldn't tell you potential side-effects is because he probably doesn't know because he himself has never taken the med, or because he does not wish to scare you, and also because the fact that all people respond slightly different to medications, he didn't want to put any pre-conceived idea's into your head on the off-chance that your response would be minimal. Knowing yourself like you do, You can see the wisdom in that, can't you?? Doctors are human too and are learning new things just like we are, some need to continue to expand their 'bedside manner' JUST make sure you tell your doctor everything, so that he can tailor his bedside manner to your individual pecularities. Be honest with him in a friendly, conversational manner. If you are not able to do that, get another doctor. Good luck

--------------------
OUR FOCUS DETERMINES OUR REALITY.

TennJack

Reged: 07/21/05
Re: HEART ATTACK, LSD TRIP BEFORE EVEN TAKING MEDS!! new
      #157839 - 07/28/05 12:39 AM

There is also Ryan White in most cities that will help with your co-pays depending on your income. Like the last poster wrote...you have to want to help yourself and be proactive with your health. Docs are good but it takes two.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5299

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3