Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
jessnatl

Reged: 07/17/03
Scared to Death
      #67732 - 07/17/03 06:44 PM

Just found out three weeks ago. Not sick, feel great. But SCARED TO DEATH. I am going to the doc for the 1st time tomorrow.... What are they going to do?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: Scared to Death new
      #67751 - 07/18/03 05:07 AM

The doctor is going to take your medical history and give you an exam. You will also have blood work done so your doctor can find out what your CD4's and Viral Load look like. The blood work may also include a CBC and what is call an ALT. Which checks liver function...that test becomes more important when you are on medication.

Whether you go on medication immediately or not will depend on the results of the CD4 and the Viral Load.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#67759 - 07/18/03 11:31 AM

The doctor will do a series of blood tests, to check your cd4 and viral load, your liver functions and screen for other stds. They will do the usual routine tests like eye tests, reflexs, pulse etc. Please dont be scared, they are all routine tests and ones that need to be done to monitor your health and so the doctor can give you the best medical care and help necessary. Is their anyone that you maybe able to take with you, for support? What I do is after my test I go out and treat myself to something nice, like a coffee and cake. I know it seems very scary, but your not alone, we are all there with you and with time it does get easier, doesnt mean we like it anymore, but it does get easier. Take care sweets....

Benjamin

Reged: 01/31/04
      #90129 - 02/21/04 09:04 PM

Hello.
To help you with your fear about your future consider prayer.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4655

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3