Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was misdiagnosed
      #63462 - 04/11/03 01:29 AM

Hello,

I was misdiagnosed as having hiv but I do not have HIV.

I wanted to post here because I don't fall into the "Am I Infected" group or "I Just Tested Positive" group.

I am in the group of people who got screwed over by a doctor that was/is an a-hole!

I had a high risk exposure and my 7 week test was indeterminate so I took the test again at 3 months and I was positive but the WB was negative! I retested and I am negative at 6 months post possible but risky exposure.

I wanted to post here because when I heard I was positive, the dr wanted to start me on meds asap and until I found out I was negative, I fell apart. I even fainted when he told me I was positive!

Even though I am not HIV+, I am mentally blown away. I was about to start the drugs and tell friends.

Well, even though I am not have HIV+,I feel for everyone on this forum. I just wanted to tell you all that.

I know the old saying is ---- almost doesn't count but it counts very much for me and I am now doing what ever I can to help raise money for aids groups.

HIV will always be in my heart & forever in my mind.

I know i sqweaked by this time and got away cheap but I have cleaned up my act and changing my life.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Brandon

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: California
Re: I was misdiagnosed new
      #64726 - 05/06/03 03:33 AM

I think it's great you don't have HIV!! I can't imagine the stress you endured over a false test (actually, I can). You must have been relieved to find out otherwise. It's interesting to hear you say you squeeked by this time, almost like there will be another. I truely hope you realize the blessing you've been given, because I didn't. I'm HIV positive, my immortal armor wore off. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

"faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Heb 11:1

--------------------
"faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Heb 11:1

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4186

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3