Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
moondoggy

Reged: 06/15/00
Loc: Delaware
Just Diagnosed
      #5745 - 06/15/00 09:05 PM

I just found out yesterday I am poz. My doctor recommended a test because I was being treated for shingles in the trigeminal area. The shingles are resolving, finally! I had seven tubes of blood drawn today for the T Cell count and other tests. I'd appreciate hearing from anybody who's been thru this initial phase. I don't quite know how I feel at the moment - I guess all the emotions wrapped up into one?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Just Diagnosed new
      #5747 - 06/15/00 09:19 PM

I too was just diagnosed this past Tuesday, although I figured out the truth on Monday. I always thought I would go insane if I ever found out I was HIV+ but I'm just sort of in shock. I took a few days off work to deal with it and am applying for a medical leave because I know it's only a matter of time before it hits me and I am overcome with grief. But believe it or not, I'm not in a state of total despair about the future - almost optimistic, in fact. So far I've only told my boyfriend - and he's an angel. I'm scared of telling my close friends because I know they'll get upset and then I will too. blah

Anonymous
Unregistered

#5777 - 06/16/00 01:47 AM

What symptoms did you notice, if any, and how long after infection did they start?

moondoggy

Reged: 06/15/00
Loc: Delaware
      #5801 - 06/16/00 05:09 PM

I don't know when I was infected. The symptoms began as a pain in my cheek and then eruptions on my skin. It was initially diagnosed as poison ivy.

ALEX
Unregistered

#6365 - 06/28/00 07:55 PM

I just found out last monday i was "reactive" to hiv, the doctor tells me he cant say positive until the "western blot test" is taken, Im taking it next friday, and Im really scared about telling my familly and causing them grief...the only person aware by now is my boyfriend and you know what? As ive always thought....Hes my GUARDIAN ANGEL. Ive had no symptoms so far and Im sure I wont have them because you know, love, hope and GOD are our most powerful weapons...TO YOU ALL: As my boyfriend says "Dont think about whats next, do your best today, were together"
...HOPE ALL YOU DO GREAT IN YOUR STILL LONG LIFE TO LIVE!!!!!!!!:)

seapozguy
Unregistered

#6671 - 07/05/00 08:26 PM

moondoggy, there is so much to say ! I had shingles once years ago and they never returned. I was tested poz in fall of 1989. My T-cell count at that time was 207. It is now over 600. There are at least two areas for you to be concerned with: your physicAL HEALTH AND YOUR STATE OF MIND.You aren't going to die anytime soon. You don't have to do everything your Dr tells you to do. Take time to consider options . Ask a lot of people a lot of questions about what they think. Then make your decisions. Some people say to go on the meds asap. Some say to wait. Theres no rush to decide. Find a Dr. who KNOWS about HIV. and who has had a lot of HIV patients. This is important.!! Don't be too hard on yourself for gettin

anxious

Reged: 07/05/00
Loc: canadadada
wow new
      #6744 - 07/06/00 02:16 PM

wow, you guys have such understanding boyfriends. that's my greatest fear... that if i test positive, ill never have a love life again.. heh.... good luck to all of you :D

Anonymous
Unregistered

Cure For Aids new
      #7349 - 07/19/00 01:51 PM

http://aidshivfree.safeshopper.com/index.htm?9167

I am also waiting to get tested after a low risk exposure !
i happenned to come accross some herbal treatment on the web , and had also bought a book named cure for aids , from
barnes and noble !
and the url above has got some info about it !
have u ever heard of it !
and recently i read an article about Dr.Davis(who has cured 73 cases successfully and is in canada as US govt is still put his medicine under observation as many big gaints are working on the formula and fear to let go of the money )
while i was browsing on megago.com
I am just passing this info , hope it might be of USe to some body.
There is also an article in washington POst about Dr.Davis , can mail if some body intrested !

contct1160

Reged: 06/25/00
Re: Cure For Aids.. would love the article new
      #7546 - 07/24/00 09:16 AM

I would love to read that article. can you email it to me at contct1160@aol.com? or if you prefer regular mail let me know..
Thanks
C

gene
Unregistered

Re: Cure For Aids new
      #7764 - 07/29/00 12:07 AM

sand me a e-mail-to-cool 8773796577@airmessage.net

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Cure For Aids new
      #7779 - 07/29/00 08:58 PM

THERE IS NO CURE FOR AIDS! IF THERE WAS there would be a lot of money going toward this. And UNAIDS would get involved to help Africa and Asia before they lose up to 40% of their population. So until you hear the UNAIDS involved THERE IS NO CURE. There are always claims with all diseases--particularly cancer and AIDS. And there are people involved willing to make money off of desparate people. Don't you think the government would want to pay for a cheaper drug to give to people on medicaid then something that costs $15,000 a year? NO ONE HAS BEEN CURED OF AIDS -- THERE ARE NO DOCUMENTED CASES IN THE SCIENTIFIC LITERATURE!! READ POZ magazine--I promise you they would cover "A CURE" as soon as they heard of one!!
Robert

Anonymous
Unregistered

#8518 - 08/17/00 01:11 PM

I too have just been diagnosed, only asked for the test because I read in a magazine that sometimes women who have chronic yeast infections... blah blah. My boyfriend is poz too, so we are going thru it together. Although he problems are different from mine, he's losing protein thru his urnine, how serious is this?? No meds for us yet. I actually feel ok about everything. Am keeping it from family for right now. I am living on hope and my boyfriend and looking forward to a long future with him!!! Have faith!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#8541 - 08/17/00 11:53 PM

Good to hear a cheerful voice among all the gloom and doom!
Go girl!

Brett
Unregistered

Email the article (cure for aids) new
      #8612 - 08/18/00 11:38 PM

Please email me this article or tell me where i can find it
Thanks.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12037

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads 6.2.3