Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

symptoms are good indications
      #52117 - 12/25/02 03:50 PM

All web sites say you after seroconversion you dont get symptoms for up to ten years but the same sites then state hiv causes seb. dermatitis, thrush, folliculitis and they can occur at any time. Which is it ten years or anytime Ive got every symptom in the book, didnt have any sero illness but all early warning signs. Longest I could possibly be infected would be 1.8 years waddya think?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: symptoms are good indications new
      #52510 - 12/28/02 12:22 AM

Most have flue like symptoms with fever and rash.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#52534 - 12/29/02 04:28 AM

I know I had severe symptoms after i was infected (though i didn't realize at the time what it was...) - horrible fever, fatigue, zero appetite, sweats. it was a shock, i am (was?) normally a very healthy person. i couldn't walk a block without sitting down to rest, and this all lasted about 2 1/2 weeks. i kept getting tested for malaria - i hadn't heard of primary HIV infection symptoms at the time - and coming out negative. it was really weird and unexplainable. after i was better i wrote it off as just a huge mystery, until recently when i found out my partner at that time is positive and had infected me. i don't know what percentage of people experience primary infection symptoms. hope this helps.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#53457 - 01/02/03 03:39 PM

symptoms dont tell a whole lot since it is cold and flu season anyways and HIV ARS symptoms mimic a thousand other virus's. HIV is never diagnosed by symptoms alone. If you feel you have been exposed please get a test.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5481

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3