Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
HIV+ & riding 600mi for AIDS
      #32734 - 04/23/02 01:26 PM

Well for those that have read my previous posts on what I am doing to suport funding for aids services, I would like to thank those of you that have helped. For those of you that haven't, I will re attach it to the bottom of this post.
A little about me, I have ben + since Nov. 1989, I have been posting on this websight for 5 years now and trying to help those newly infected with good advice and experiance. I have ben participating in Aids fundraising events on bicycles since 1994, which was the first California Aids Ride. I have ridden all over the U.S. even doing both the Fla. rides and the Tex. rides. I alone have raised over $1,000,000 for needed aids services across this wonderful land. The L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center is closing down some of there services due to lack of funds and poor turn out for the first anual AIDS/LifeCycle ride. I alone (not including the other 300 riders who are having trouble geting donations) have vowed to do my best to try to raise $10,000 to help the Center get back on there feet. The L.A. Gay & Lesbian center Jeffery Goodman Special Care clinic is second largest Aids clinic in the U.S., There pharmacy alone spends over $1,000,000 on HIV medication a month. This ride I am doing supports the Goodman clinic, along with the Pedro Zamora youth HIV clinic, Anonymus HIV-Testing, and The Aids Clearinghouse plus many other HIV & AIDS services. Most of these services are provided free of charge to people with HIV & AIDS.
With all of this being threatened by low turn out and decreased amount of moneys being raised by other avenues I am making another plea to those on this sight and a challenge to those of you who know people who can allso help out. I am attaching a self filling pledge form secure webpage link at the end of this message, with the webpage for the ride. This pledge form can be printed out for mailing in donations, or you can do it right there and submit it immediatly. I have alone donated $2,500, and I am not exactly a rich person (Chevy truck here- not a Lexas) and I work my A** off for what I have. I ask all that can for at least $250 and that can be spread out over 10 months if you look at the form. For most what is $25 a month, 6 Vente Lattes, 4 martinis, dinner for 2 at Dennys? But as close as you can come will help !

Well as i promised here is the link for the webpage about the ride.
http://www.aidslifecycle.org
And here is the Pledge form .
https://www.aidslifecycle.org/sponsor/laglc.cfm?f=Bill&l=Grafeman&n=1003
Because this sight dosen't allow links to be clickable, you can copy and paste them in your address bar.

Thank you in advance.
The G-Man

ALC rider # 1003
CAR9 rider# 1001
CAR 1-8 past rider
Texas AIDS ride 1&2 rider
Florida AIDS ride 1&2 rider
Heartland ride 1-6 rider
Mid west ride 1-6 rider

Like I havent done this since the first AIDS ride in 1994 which was California AIDS ride(CAR)1 and raised a lot of money for AIDS/HIV services all over the USA.

AND still
T.i.a.d.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Taken Us For Another AID$ Ride new
      #33737 - 05/04/02 10:25 PM

I am a person diagnosed 'HIV' non-specific antibody postive for 11+ years contacting corporate sponsors of the AIDS/Lifecylce event in regards to their lack of any reasonable accomodation in respecting the diversity of health care philosophy and practise of all those affected. With a significant portion of Californians using some form of Alternative Health Care[40-69%] and with perhaps a higher percentage of Trek Bike Consumers who are likely in support of Alternative Health Care Philosophies and Practises.

Much of what the hundreds of AIDS Dissident Scientists are saying is confirming Alternative Medcines' long questioning of the virus/germ theory and chemo-therapeutic slash/burn approach. Not even 1% of the proceeds of the AIDS/Lifecycle Ride will be directed to providing comprehensive and primary Alternative Health Care and/or research into the Dissident Scientific and Alternative Health paradigms.

Socalled 'Complementary Medicine' is not the same thing as Alternative Medicine. Many disconnect the alternative theories from the alternative therapies in how Alternative Medicine authentically diagnoses as well as treats illness. They treat underlying causes of symptoms, not syndromes and generally don't recognize conventional disease classifications.

We do not believe science is for the scientist only or that MD stands for Medical Diety. Peer review is not science by democracy and ultimately rests in our own hands when our lives and loves are on the line. We trust consumers with information to inform their consent and empower their own health care decision-making. We support fully informing the consent of consumers by providing information about a growing movement which questions the validity of the 'HIV' tests, the efficacy of the chemo-cocktails, and the 'HIV=AIDS' hypothesis.

We thought you may not be aware that not even 1% of the AIDS/Lifecycle Ride proceeds will be allocated to provide access to AIDS Alternative Information, Resources, or Care which is uncomplementary and dissenting from the dominant, conventional pharmaceutically based medical model.

http://healtoronto.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DissidentSaint
http://www.aliveandwell.org
http://www.aidsrealitycheck.org

AIDS Dissident Scientific and Alternative Health Consumer Advocate

shadow1
Legend

Re: We all have our own views. new
      #33752 - 05/05/02 12:35 PM

Thank you for your view.
I have ben doing these events for 9 years now. They are my alternitive therapy. I have ben + for 13 years.

The G-Man

T.i.a.d.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: We all have our own views. new
      #33939 - 05/08/02 03:00 AM

I think this is sadly why many are involved in taking us all for another AID$ Ride. Can't you ride your bike without doing harm to others? If that is the sum of your response to what I have posted about how your fundraising is harming many of those 'HIV' affected, then you apparently do not care about the effect of your actions on others.

TerryD
Unregistered

Re: Another AID$ Scam! new
      #34128 - 05/10/02 05:55 PM

There lots of money to be made from AID$!!

shadow1
Legend

Re: Another AID$ Scam! new
      #34708 - 05/23/02 11:22 AM

What about me, I have ben Positive since 1989. What about all the people that need the services that these agencies provide free of charge. Should they be turned away and left to die. Most of these are sick and can not aford medical treatment, should they all be turned away. Not everyone in the world is like you, they need treatment when they are sick. There Gods do not heal them, they do not have insurance, or money to pay for the alternitive medicin you preach. The agencies that produced this so called aid$ scam ride are the 2 largest in the state of California, and one of them is the second largest in the world. Maybe we should just let everyone come to you and have you shell out the aid$ services, the psycological services, the testing services, the medical for those that need it, the pharmicy for those that need it, and also the education services. CAn you and all your friends take care of the $23,000,000 in services that are used every year in LA alone, Which is not including the other agencies.

These people are the last resort for most who go there, maybe someday you will need help from one of these. But with your attitude, and i guess your money, you may never need it.

The G-Man

T.i.a.d.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TO GMAN BILLIAnother AID$ Scam! new
      #55147 - 01/18/03 02:05 PM

Dear Gman Bill
I am from a developing country. My relative is just tested positive. We are waiting for the results of family members and one life lost to HIV/AIDS. I am trying to adjust our resources for paying medicine Doctors etc. It really eats up one persons salary and more than that. We do not have any insurence free mediction etc. which people take it for granted and thinking of refusing such generous help given by government. I may ask you few question regarding the treatment options given to us by the Doctors. I really appreciate your effrot it really helps families with out any fund for treatment. God bless you.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5308

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3