Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jackie and Greg please read and respond ASAP
      #31435 - 04/07/02 03:33 AM

Dear Jackie and Greg,
My name is Chris and i would really appreciate your help. I know first of all that i have alot of anxiety about this before i get started but i am not over anxious. I had unprotected vaginal intercourse and performed oral on her 8 weeks ago to date 56 days. The day after i developed a really big apothous ulcer in my cheek. Never had one ever before. Like 3 4 days after my face broke out and a week after got a rash on my forehead looked like a sweat bump rash that looked like little zits but they were not and it was red extended up around my hairline. Then at 2 weeks i developed a flushing of my skin turned red like sunburn and had chills, fever not over 99, EXTREME fatigue and muscle weakness. No swollen lymph nodes just sore felt like. Then at 3 weeks i developed a sore throat with a dry mouth and what feels like a dry nose everything has dried out, i have always had sinus problems and they have dried up strangely. The sore throat has come and gone off and on ever since with laryngitis. I have little white bumps on the back of my tongue around my taste buds that have never been there b4. The muscle fatigue and weakness lasted until about week 6. Got so weak i was shakey and had trouble even lifting my arms, legs, head, etc. The back of my neck was exremely sore during this time. I had what was like headaches, but more like alot of pressure around my temples that lasted for a few days with i know i was seeing things felt like my eyes were doing weird things. I had an unexplained bruise on my thigh that came and went 2 times during this period, and also at like week 6 what looked like a burn on my hand and wrist that came and went in a day happened a couple of times. Since about two weeks when my symptoms really started my stools changed to really light colored and more frequent trips with occasional dirreaha. I had an EIA antibody test at 7 weeks=49 days and it was negative. Had a Proviral DNA by PCR at 41 days and it was NOT-Detected, had a p-24 antigen at 42 days and it was negative. I am at 56 days today and my nasuea is still here worse than ever feels like i can vomit and have lost all my appetite. My back and chest and neck have broken out with really bad acne like things. I had to go to an infectious disease doctor and he ordered a RNA by PCR utra-sensitive test with reflex to HIV 1, and a western blot, and a T-Cell count. I have tested negative for all other std's. With these test will i be able to find out if its hiv they were taken at 52 days after exposure. I really dont have any friends or people to talk with and get information. I am not looking for you to diagnose me or anything like that i was curious from your expierence if you can give me information on my situation weather good news or bad. My right side has begun to hurt a little at the bottom also and more frquent urination. My cbc the first time at 20 days showed low wbc at 4.2 and elevated monocytes at 14 3-8 normal. Ahain at 40 days wbc 5.o and still elvated monocyes the same 14 sed rate was 8. My sed rate went down to 2 at 49 days but it was a different lab. If it is not HIV then what in the world could be doing this from your knowledge does this sound like HIV? Also if i was infected with hepatitis at the same time is it possible for it to interfere with the antibody production and the results from the DNA test? I am not making these things up and i really have nowhere to turn and get some information, thank you so very much for taking the time to read and respond. I really APPRECIATE your answers and help they are greatly needed and honored for i have noone else.
Thank you
CHRIS

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

RE: One other item for you to!! new
      #31443 - 04/07/02 10:00 AM

One other thing i'm itching all over is that something to be concerned about also?

Thank you Chris T

gregg629
Guardian

Reged: 04/16/01
Loc: Boston
Re: RE: One other item for you to!! new
      #31446 - 04/07/02 11:27 AM

Hey Chris,

I'm sorry that your going through all of this, have you asked the girl that you had sex with what her HIV status is or have you talked to her about the symptoms that seemed to come up after your encounter with her?

Not being a doctor I'm at a loss to try to help you since you seem to be getting medical attention (ie the tests) and I assume it's more then just Anonymous testing. It's a good sign that you are showing negatives on all your tests, tho I understand it's frustrating since you have so many physical things going on with you.

What types of things have your doctors been thinking might be going on with you? Have they given any indication and I hope that they aren't just telling you that you have to live with and deal with this.

Let us know and sorry that I couldn't be more help.

Gregg

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: Jackie and Greg please read and respond ASAP new
      #31450 - 04/07/02 12:07 PM

Hey Chris,

It's impossible to tell you what's going on over the net. However the fact that the tests that you have had have been negative should be extremely comforting to you. I have read Dr. Holodniy state that he has NEVER seen someone test negative on a PCR after 28 days ultimately test postive. The P24 is extremely sensitive. It is what is used to protect our blood supply.

Granted you still need that 3 month test to close the door on HIV, but after the tests you have had, I wouldn't think you will have any different results than you already have had.

As far as the phsycial symptoms you are experience. It's hard to say what else it could be, but it doesn't look like it will be HIV. Please don't discount what stress and anxiety can do to a person. I know from personal experience that they can cause all sorts of physical ailments. I suffered from everything from rashes, to not being able to regulate my body temp. I was either freezing and wearing 3 sweaters or wanted to strip off all my clothes and crawl in the freezer. I could go from both extremes in 10 minutes. I lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks. I couldn't get through the day without a morning and afternoon nap. I was going to bed at 8 at night. No fever during any of this. It turned out my body decided it was time I focused on some issues that I knew I had to deal with, but had kept putting off for over a year. It got my attention the only way it knew how. Being that I am HIV, my doctor ran just about every test in the book. MRI, CT Scans, Blood work, Blood Cultures, Urine Samples, etc., etc., etc. All my tests came back perfect. The only thing he found was my iron was a little high due to dehydration. I had to accept the fact that nothing was physically wrong with me. After starting Paxil, getting myself in counseling, resolving the issues I needed to, funny thing happen. The symptoms went completely away.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#31455 - 04/07/02 01:07 PM

Hey Jackie thanks for the encouraging words, i am fully ware of my stress and anxiety level being extremely high and i do know and from what you said it can play tricks with you. I just can't explain the ailments that i had and it is driving me crazy, I hope tht all of these tests come back ok for me this week, the Western BLot, RNA by PCR, T-Cell count, and Proviral Dna again but not with amplification however. I just seem to encounter one thing after another, my chest and back and neck and face seem to break out with alot of acne after the incident and i am fully aware that normal people have acne too, but my body is changing and if indeed it is stress related i how come not all over my whole body? I don't understand for i read that you would break out on the chest back neck and head and face and guess what i really am, but the tests are not showing anything. I know that it is 3 months that we are looking for, but i tried to put faith in the DNA by PCR at 41 days and after i read everyone saying that its not conclusive i lose all my faith in the test. Why did i have it done? I don't know? The people at Quest where i had it done said no further testing required i don't understand how they get away with that? I really liked hearing the the Doc has never seen anyone test positive after 28 days, but i do recall reading on the same forum somewhere that this one guy tested negative with DNA at 5 weeks and then tested positive at 3 months, i cant find the site anymore. Write back please for I truely liked talking to you i mean that. For when we get this thing settled one way or another i am going to send you some flowers you deserve them!!!!! One other thing the p24 test, i have read conflicting things that it is very transient in nature appears b4 antibody then leaves, at 42 days when i took it and no antibodies were present would one expect it to be positive then? any thoughts?
Thanks a bunch Chris

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
      #31496 - 04/08/02 08:21 AM

Chris

You have such a store of negative tests, that the odds of a final 3 months positive fades in comparison.

Why isn't the acne all over your body? Who knows? Why did I just break out with execma just at the base of my scalp when I was stressed? You are trying to analyze your symptoms way too much. It will only drive you nuts.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#31501 - 04/08/02 10:04 AM

You are wasting positive people's time. You are a selfish guy who is filled with guilt. A negative test is a negative test. No one wants to hear your sexy little story. Don't have unprotected sex!!!!!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5300

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3