Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
tippytu

Reged: 05/16/13
newly diagnosed & devastated
      #272082 - 05/16/13 05:57 PM

I was diagnosed very recently..I am in my 8 month of pregnancy..my husband tested positive also...I do not know how I'm going to deal with this! We have other older children...all I want to do right now is sleep & not wake up. There are no aso's in my area...I have so many unanswered questions & feel like I have no where to turn! I was a very anxious person before this! So afraid of losing my job & everything I've worked hard to get! Afraid my husband will lose his job & our insurance!! I can't breathe..just want this pain to stop!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: newly diagnosed & devastated new
      #272083 - 05/16/13 08:31 PM

Tippy, Right now just take a deep breath , exhale and another deep breath and exhale.Girl I feel your pain and fear so much , it's jumping out of the screen. Listen sweetie , with each breath inhale this big truth , your life may be a bit different but it can and will be a beautiful life ahead. Your baby will be fine . You need to right now to believe that , and the plans you and hubby had for a future still exists. I know this is one heck of a blow to you and hubby as well. And your feeling like a whirl wind just came by and pulled the rug out from under both of you. Well the fact that you have each other for strenght and knowledge.Your not going to lose your job, no reason for hubby to lose his job or insurance. There is no reason for any of that. So please hon try to calm down. Please send me a PM ( private message_ and you can freely express your feelings and know that I will do my best to help you to understand/ I've been pos for over 20 yrs and on meds for over 18 . There is plenty of info in this ste to help you to find answers also about your baby . Do you know if it's going to be a boy or girl? All is going to work out . I wouldn't say this if it wasn't true . There are women here that have gone through exactlywhat your going through . Just breath sweetie , calm yourself down , for the sake of your child . Just breath .

notinterested
All Star

Reged: 09/07/11
      #272086 - 05/16/13 10:03 PM

I second everything riverprincess said. Breath, try and find peace, relax and know you and your husband will be just find. In time, things will get better, I promise you. If you feel you just can't relax, ask your doctor about getting on anti anxiety medicine. I suffered from severe anxiety when I found out and once I got on clonazepam, I felt much better. I only wished I had asked for it sooner. Take care of yourself, husband and your wonderful children.

tippytu

Reged: 05/16/13
      #272093 - 05/17/13 07:22 AM

River I sent you pm dont know if it went thru

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #272116 - 05/20/13 12:14 PM

Its at times like this that a family finds strength, your husband, your kids ... you all need each other. HIV is not the end all to life some may claim it is, for me it was an eye-opener, I embraced it and made it mine. With treatments the way they are today it's safe, I would be more scared becoming a diabetic (involves needles). Find a good Doctor to talk to, get a support team going and you'll find it's not that bad ... and as all good things in life, you only need to tell if you want to, get on your treatment, go to your job, your husband will go to his. HIV had a bad stigma years ago, now it's just another thing.
You'll still put your pants on one leg at a time, sock at a time, your morning coffee will still be needed to get the day going. Just remember though in all of this, breathing is kind of important. Stay strong, you still have each other!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2364

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3