Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
youtellme1

Reged: 12/10/12
oral sex positive-devastated
      #269592 - 12/13/12 06:05 PM

just got the terrible news. everything is sort of murky right now.

I had no idea that i had a chance of hiv from receiving a blow job.

i am crushed. SOrry just venting

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ashler1977
Guardian

Reged: 05/18/12
Loc: Europe
Re: oral sex positive-devastated new
      #269594 - 12/13/12 06:24 PM

uh?

you just wrote this for advice:

http://www.thebody.com/cgi-bin/bbs/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=infected&Number=269547

and now you say you tested positive? what kind of test did you have? have your test being confirmed with a WB? (looks like not, because your last post is 2 days ago and a WB result takes many days to come back).

Let us know.

--------------------
Oral Sex: What's the Real Risk for HIV?
http://www.thebody.com/content/art58210.html

Topaz

Reged: 02/06/13
      #270534 - 02/06/13 11:32 AM

Hope you find well now. Tommorrow will be better!

--------------------
trang sức đá quý

anonyme

Reged: 02/10/13
      #270575 - 02/10/13 08:45 AM

Did you only receive a blow job and got infected? please details?

Mark100

Reged: 02/23/13
Loc: Montreal, Canada
      #270757 - 02/23/13 05:41 PM

Hey, you're not alone. I just tested positive as well from oral sex, I was the one giving. I was completely floored! I went to the doctor around a month ago because I had what I thought was a bad flu. Anyway the doctor did some blood tests just to make sure everything looked right. He asked if I minded him doing an HIV test as well. I said go for it because I knew I hadn't done anything risky. Anyway 3 days ago his receptionist leaves a message on my phone that he would like to see me. I thought nothing of it. So I got in there and he started saying your iron is a little high, so are your liver enzymes, and oh yeah your hiv test came back positive. I was like WHAT??? That's basically impossible. I said I've only had oral sex once within the past 2 months. He said well its very unlikely you got it that way. He was like do you trust your partner (I have a partner of 5 years). And I was like 100%. He's like well maybe he should be tested and then you can see, basically telling me my partner was screwing around on me. Anyway my partner was tested the same day I found out and it came back negative so I for sure didn't get it from him. On December 3 2012 my bf and I invited a guy over for a threesome. We weren't really into him so we all just ended up sucking each other. When we all came later on it was on our chests, not in anyone's mouth. I had no idea it was possible to get hiv from oral. Well I should say I knew it was but I thought your odds were better at winning the lottery.

I really think they should stop telling people that its low risk. If anything I'd say its at least moderate risk. Either that or I'm just VERY unlucky! The doctors can't even believe that I got it like this. I'm still in shock and I think I will be for sometime.
Thanks for listening.

ashler1977
Guardian

#270767 - 02/24/13 10:23 AM

@Mark100

I'm very sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

Oral sex is very low risk because it happens rarely, but it does happen and your case just confirms that.

However, I don't think the OP (who claims to be infected through INSERTIVE oral sex) is infected. To me, he is just an Internet troll.

It seems RECEPTIVE oral sex (your case) happens more often and you're certanly not the first person who I came across to be infected this way. People with a viral load in the hundreds of thousands or millions are highly infectious even if there is only pre-cum present, therefore infection is possible.

I think we should remind everyone to use condoms - also for oral sex, just to err on the side of caution.

Wish you the best.

--------------------

ashler1977
Guardian

#270768 - 02/24/13 10:27 AM

Quote:

So I got in there and he started saying your iron is a little high, so are your liver enzymes, and oh yeah your hiv test came back positive.

Btw, did you confirm this result with a WB or a viral load? Elisa tests are highly sensitive and sometimes they give false positive results.

--------------------

Mark100

Reged: 02/23/13
Loc: Montreal, Canada
      #270773 - 02/24/13 06:01 PM

Awww thanks ashler1977,
I'm coming around to it pretty quickly. I mean I have it, resisting the idea is just going to make it worse. I'm going to try and be positive about it and make the most out of it.

Yeah I was really shocked to realise that I contracted it this way. I thought the risk was basically zero and that's what the doctors told me when I met them the other day as well. It's definitely not zero and I think it's a little higher than people may think.

Anyway I have this great forum and people like you on here to talk to to make this easier. Eventually I'd like to join a group here in Montreal where I can meet some more positive people.
I beleive I was given this for a reason and I think it's going to actually make me a strong more whole person.
Thanks for the message,
Mark

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6888

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3