Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
BabyFirefly

Reged: 09/28/12
Loc: Florida, United States
Diagnosed on May 5th, 2012
      #267411 - 09/28/12 08:48 AM

I'll start with my name: Jonathan. But people call me 'John' more often. Anyway, I wasn't diagnosed as recently as many others have. I was diagnosed HIV Positive on May 5th, 2012. I had been tested around two weeks before that and I brought the situation up to my mother numerous times. One day, while I was just in my room watching a movie and doing the usual, she got a letter telling the bad news, that I had contracted it. She decided to let e have one more day without having to think about it or dwell (she knows me all too well) like I usually do but the next day when we were at the mall I asked her if she had gotten the results. Right there in the department store we were in, she started crying and we ended up sitting on a bench for close to thirty minutes talking about it and what we could do about it. I was horrified and for several weeks I actually contemplated suicide (bad idea, since I came close). I told my boyfriend about it and at first he was hesitant to stay with me but voila, we're still together, 4 months and 23 days later.

Now, after a long 'battle' with paperwork, complications and various other obstacles I'm on Atripla as of September 17th. I'm already getting used to taking the meds and for the most part I've accepted my situation and that it isn't the end of the world. Sometimes though, it's really terrifying. Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself to everyone and share part of my story (hopefully this is an okay place to do so).

Edit: Browsed around a bit more and it seems this probably wasn't the best section to put this, haha. Can a Mod or Admin please move it to the appropriate place? Thanks.

Edited by BabyFirefly (09/28/12 09:12 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Diagnosed on May 5th, 2012 new
      #267427 - 09/28/12 04:18 PM

I'm sorry to hear you are positive, but I am glad to hear that you decided to fight rather than give up. I've been positive going on two years and the one thing I have learned so far is it doesn't change anything if you don't allow it to. You can have as normal as a life as you want. It's all up to how you choose to look at it and respond to it.

notinterested
All Star

Reged: 09/07/11
      #267441 - 09/29/12 03:11 AM

Hi Johnathan, Welcome to the forum. It's a nice place to chat. I'm glad to hear things are going better for you. With time you I think you will find things to get much easier. If you ever want to chat, pm me anytime. Again, welcome

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #267481 - 09/30/12 12:02 PM

Sorry about your diagnosis but glad to see that your handling it as it should be. Hows mom doing ?

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

BabyFirefly

#267527 - 10/01/12 11:31 PM

Thanks everyone.
Mom is doing alot better than she was before. She's handling it as if it were a part of her job or something, which is probably for the better since well...if we were constantly emotional about it, it'd break us both down bigtime. Instead, we're pretty much treating it like "Mk, time to get the meds. No forgetting about them, act like they're daily vitamins with stricter guidelines."

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #267555 - 10/03/12 09:07 AM

You and mom sound like a great team. Thats wonderful, count your blessings my friend, I'm sure you do.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

BabyFirefly

#267574 - 10/04/12 02:11 AM

Oh I do, trust me.
There's been some times though that we've had arguments and she's let stuff like "You got yourself into this, I didn't" fly out of her mouth, but she's always apologized later on so I don't really let it stick with me for long.

Grr. I keep wanting to post and contribute to conversations but I sort of...don't know what to say or how to say it, ha
/random

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #267577 - 10/04/12 03:11 AM

Say what you want how you want there really is no wrong way to express yourself (though don't tell anyone I said that cause they will animatedly disagree). Draw from your experiences and what you know, don't be afraid to say I don't know, and above all be honest.

These boards are a lot like daily life (sorta in a weird way) there are cliches, there are loners, there are loose associations, there are annoying trouble makers, there are the crazies, the class clowns, etc etc. just have a voice. Yes, you will make mistakes, but hey life is about mistakes, if you never take a risk then you have lead a really really boring life.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2212

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3