Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Jordan
New User

Reged: 09/24/12
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Hi - Tested Positive 8/28 - Couples Weeks Ago
      #267235 - 09/24/12 07:41 PM

Hello,

I tested positive 8/28/2012, a couple weeks ago and I just got back from the Dr in regards to my blood work.

Viral Load - 752

CD4 Cell Count - 814

He said it was good, I feel bad saying this but I don't know if he was just saying that to make me feel better?

The only person that knows is my best friend and he is moving due to work. Joined this forum/site to I guess chat with people on the same boat or people that have gone through this or going through this and etc.

Friends, E-mail Buddies, Etc

So, Hi

--------------------
www.I-Am-Jordan.Tumblr.com
@Jordan_Hopes

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Zina
New User

Reged: 07/26/12
Re: Hi - Tested Positive 8/28 - Couples Weeks Ago new
      #267239 - 09/24/12 10:20 PM

Hello and Welcome. I was diagnosed 2 years ago and started Complera 2 months ago. This is a wonderful site to discuss anything you are feeling, because one way or another we have had some of the same feelings. Stay strong and follow the doctor's orders.

notinterested
Regular

Reged: 09/07/11
      #267240 - 09/24/12 10:21 PM

Hi Jordan,

Welcome to the forum. Very nice people here and feel free to ask any questions you have. It's great that you've seen your doctor and your numbers do sound good. Your doctor was being honest with you. Don't let this get you down. Just do whatever your doctor tells you and life moves on as normal. This in no way identifies who you are. Feel free to private me anytime if you want to chat or if you have any questions. Take care

Jordan
New User

#267250 - 09/25/12 12:30 PM

Thank you! This site has a lot of information! A lot to take in! I got a lot of reading to do.

--------------------
@Jordan_Hopes

Jordan
New User

#267251 - 09/25/12 12:31 PM

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate that.
There is a lot of information on this site! Taking it little by little. I am more confused and stressed about the blood work/lab test. Expensive but I will figure something out I suppose.

Thank you for taking the time and reaching out. I appreciate it.

--------------------
@Jordan_Hopes

iam1
Regular

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
      #267265 - 09/25/12 06:44 PM

Jordon, Just so you have some positive reinforcement - your numbers are better than good! Of course, your doctor and you (when you understand) will want your viral load to be in the undetecable range (usually < 75 or 50 copies per ml depending on which test is being run). Your CD4 is excellant!

You're right - there is a ton of information for you to read and try to digest on this site (The BEST website for information regarding HIV/AIDS barring none!). Take your time and don't overload your mind. The information isn't going anywhere. And, neither are you.

HIV is NOT a death sentence! People can and do live many years with this disease. In fact when you get to reading on this site about life expectancy you'll find out that doctors are begining to expect people with HIV to live as long as people without HIV.

I'm not going to gloss over it too much. There are going to have to be some changes in your life. Nothing major. As for everybody who just finds out they're positive I'd recommend a support group as soon as you're comfortable going. It's always easier to deal with something when we realize we're not the only person having to deal with it. Strength in numbers! You're not the first. You won't be the last. Chances are very good that whatever you're going through others have gone through before and made it out the far end no worse for the wear....

Charles (HIV+ 24 years this month!)

DJones

Reged: 04/02/09
Loc: Milwaukee Wisconsin
      #267267 - 09/25/12 08:11 PM

Hello
I started a blog the day I found out I was HIV and AIDS on January 7, 2009. The link to it is below. I post daily and am very honest about what it has been like to find out and now live with this disease. You can go back to that first post and go forward and see what I went through mentally and physically. I am painfully honest in all posts. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns, or if you just want to talk. Check out my blog at the link below. Good luck my friend.

--------------------
http://daveslifelivingwithhiv.blogspot.com/

Jordan
New User

#267268 - 09/25/12 08:29 PM

Thank you for the response and I will most def check it out.

The day I found out I also started one! It has helped me vent and just speak freely!

Thank you!!

--------------------
@Jordan_Hopes

MeNoLikey
New User

Reged: 09/25/12
      #267269 - 09/25/12 08:37 PM

Hey Jordan
Same boat here but I have you beat by 2 months; June 28th for me. In my short experience, your doctor was not pulling your leg. My doc put me on meds and my load dropped like crazy....from initial 13600 to 76. I'm religious about taking the pill every day and basically living a fairly healthy lifestyle; a guy has to live a little once in awhile you know. Anyway, I just joined this site. You're my first response. Keep in touch if want. Be well, Andrew

Jordan
New User

#267270 - 09/25/12 08:50 PM

Thanks for reaching out! I emailed you!!

--------------------
@Jordan_Hopes

Jordan
New User

#267271 - 09/25/12 08:51 PM

Thank you for this. 24 years? That is inspiring!

I messaged you! I think I did it right.

Thank you again for sharing this.

--------------------
@Jordan_Hopes

vanjameson
New User

Reged: 01/05/12
      #267280 - 09/26/12 07:06 AM

Jordan, It looks like your numbers are quite good. I tested positive last year, and was initially crushed. However, things got better. I'm now on Atripla and have an undetectable viral load. Everyone I've told has been supportive, both friends and family. I was worried my boyfriend would leave me, but he hasn't. In fact, we got married this past July.

I'm here for you, buddy.

-James

Jordan
New User

#267311 - 09/26/12 02:11 PM

Hello James,

Thank you!

I sent you a PM!

--------------------
@Jordan_Hopes

Maxstress
New User

Reged: 10/01/12
Loc: Georgia
      #267525 - 10/01/12 10:05 PM

Positive on 9/19. Haven't had Dr. apt yet. Not sure which way to turn. Appetite is a little better after the initial shock of the news but still having a hard time sleeping. I have not told anyone yet. Not sure who or when I will share. I started a new job today. TOO many changes happening at one time. Thinking about looking for a support group but that is scary also. Surrounded by people, but feel soooo alone!

dodotuky
New User

Reged: 09/14/12
Loc: uganda
      #267536 - 10/02/12 01:56 PM

hi jordan from your masage you seem to be a strong person . sorry to hear about your friend who is travelling ,we all need some one we can rely on at some point next to us when we are in such situations ....well you will have to be stronger and as long as you are on this site you will be able to make it through .... you can always feel free incase you need to talk to any one ... wish you all the best jordan

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5907

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3