Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
mato96

Reged: 09/10/12
Partner refuses to accept my status
      #266431 - 09/11/12 05:42 AM

I tested positive for hiv three weeks ago on elisa, this is after I tested negative on the rapid test a week before. My partner tested ngative in both rapid and elisa tests. I have done two elisa tests to confirm because he refuses to accept my positve result and now he says i must go for another rapid test. I'm 4 months pregnant and already he is talking about taking the baby after birth so that i dont infect him (its a boy). I'm trying to come to terms with the situation and he is not helping at all and whenever i try talking to him he shuts me down...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ashler1977
Guardian

Reged: 05/18/12
Loc: Europe
Re: Partner refuses to accept my status new
      #266432 - 09/11/12 06:17 AM

I have read several times that pregnancy may cause false positive results.

If you tested positive in the Elisa, this result MUST be confirmed with a more specific test called Western Blot. This test confirms or not the infection.

Your boyfriend is wrong by asking you to "confirm" with a Rapid test (?) You must do the Western Blot test.

I hope all will turn OK. Please do keep us posted.

--------------------
Oral Sex: What's the Real Risk for HIV?
http://www.thebody.com/content/art58210.html

ashler1977
Guardian

Reged: 05/18/12
Loc: Europe
      #266433 - 09/11/12 06:22 AM

Quote:

I'm 4 months pregnant and already he is talking about taking the baby after birth so that i dont infect him (its a boy). I'm trying to come to terms with the situation and he is not helping at all and whenever i try talking to him he shuts me down...

By the way, your boyfriend is an idiot and very ignorant about HIV. IF you were Positive, and your baby is born Negative, the baby will keep his negative status just avoiding breastfeeding.

--------------------
Oral Sex: What's the Real Risk for HIV?
http://www.thebody.com/content/art58210.html

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #266438 - 09/11/12 09:12 AM

Who the heck does he think he is saying he'll take your baby away. I think he's the one that needs to be taken away. The man doesn't know squat about Hiv or even how to be considerate. He needs some education and counseling before he opens his damn mouth again. How dare he say such a thing to his " girlfried " when shes under enough stress with being pregnate. He's an insensitive B-------D.

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
Re: Partner refuses to accept my status *DELETED* new
      #266471 - 09/11/12 09:53 PM

Post deleted by AIDS2HIV

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

mato96

#266487 - 09/12/12 02:00 AM

Ive checked my second elisa test, they did a confirmation through Western Blot and it was positive. I am trying to accept my status even though it was not easy at first, having access to the forum is what has kept me going, hearing stories from people who have been when I am right now and it does bring a lot of hope...

mato96

#266488 - 09/12/12 02:08 AM

I'm sure his face will turn purple if I tell him that the baby is not his...i dont think i should fight fire with fire..lol..I have discussed this with my doctor but he refered me to a counsellor since he is always busy. I am on medication for the duration of the pregnancy but the side effects are really taking its toll. My cd4=470 and VL= 3225...joining this forum has been very helpfull

thanks a lot

mato96

#266489 - 09/12/12 02:15 AM

He is just being ignorant and insensitive. He has moved out and hardly calls and doesnt even border to go with me to the doctor or fone and find out how the baby is doing and ii think we are over but he hasnt come out and said but the writing is on the wall

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #266537 - 09/13/12 02:38 PM

Be thankful that he has moved out . Better to be a singles parent than to bring a child into this world with a as as a father. Change your locks, get his stuff out. Live your life for yourself and your child , who will be fine just as you will be fine. Hang in there with the meds , it'll all settle down. Take care and God bless you both, mother and child.

A_reason2smile

Reged: 08/11/12
Loc: South Florida
      #266579 - 09/14/12 10:49 PM

This man has really made me upset! Who the hell does he think he is getting off treating you like yesterday's trash, I tell you what...you tell him to give me a call and i will school him on his ignorance! Some people really need to understand th inittial news is shock and stressful and you don't need that because our pregnant. Well let me know if you want me to stress him out lol

czif

Reged: 10/17/12
      #268221 - 10/17/12 10:54 AM

The man doesn't know squat about Hiv or even how to be considerate. He needs some education and counseling before he opens his damn mouth again.

--------------------
download

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3341

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3