HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Jet

Reged: 09/06/12
Loc: AFRICA
JUST TESTED POSITIVE AND I AM VERY STRESSED....ANY SUPPORT WILL DO FRIENDS
      #266336 - 09/06/12 10:57 PM

This is my story....
My blood test came HIV+ the Doctor said and i just dont know what to do.I am broken dead but alive.
I dont know what to do.I have very little to no knowledge about this and i live in a country where the stigma is very high both at work and and in the community as a whole.
Can someone help me understand something?

--------------------
ONLY CLEVER PEOPLE UNDERSTANDS CLEVER PEOPLE

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
thebird1959
Regular

Reged: 06/22/12
Loc: Alabama
Re: JUST TESTED POSITIVE AND I AM VERY STRESSED....ANY SUPPORT WILL DO FRIENDS new
      #266339 - 09/07/12 12:36 AM

I still cringe everytime I read another post where somebody has just tested postive, but you've come to the right place under the circumstances and I'm gtad that you found your way here. I just tested positive about 2 1/2 months ago and I know what you're going through emotionally right now. Just give it time and take one day at a time, and It'll get better, I promise.

As far as telling your boss or somebody at work, I wouldn't. In this country the way I understand it, as long as it doesn't effect your ability to perform your duties on the job there's nothing that they can do about it. Nobody at my job knows about my status yet. As far as family is concerned. You'll know when the time is right. I've almost have told someone in family about it, but haven't yet I decided that now wasn't the time and will do it later.

It's tough, but just hang in there! Don't think of it as the end, but possibly a new beginning. It helps to talk about it if you have somebody that you can talk to. PM me sometime if you need to. I usually check in here a couple of times a day.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2229

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3