HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
AshnBham
Regular

Reged: 11/10/05
Loc: Alabama
Looking for HIV Elite Controllers!
      #258617 - 10/21/11 02:51 PM

Help! We need your support in HIV Elite Controller Research!
As an HIV controller I have been very fortunate to naturally control my infection so that I may never have to take medications. Many of us are participating in local and national/international studies in hopes to find a “functional” cure or better therapies for our HIV positive peers. We need your help in the following to help push for more studies to fight this War on HIV:
1. Just take a moment to Google or read up on HIV Elite Controllers.
2. If you or someone you know is HIV positive but never had a high Viral Load or low CD4 count and has not had to be placed on antiviral medications please inform them to contact the Zephyr Foundation and learn about registering as an HIV controller. Approximately 1 in 300 HIV positive individuals has the genetic ability to cope with this HIV infection better than their peers. We need to locate as many HIV controllers as possible to get them to participate in studies so that we may be able to find better therapies for everyone infected with this virus. The cure could very well be lurking naturally within a friend, partner or neighbor. The Zephyr Foundation offers a registry of Elite Controller Studies as well as a social network to connect with other EC-ers so that you have a place to share your experiences.
3. Help spread the word about HIV Elite Controllers and help push for media coverage and support the need for HIV Elite Controller education and studies. Get the word out! Talk with local reporters, magazines, and even public officials about wanting to know more about HIV Elite Controller Studies. Getting more people talking about these individuals will put more of a focus on using controllers for a cure. We are volunteering for a cure please help by spreading the word. Heck, if you know a celebrity that wants a project or a foundation to support please send them to the Zephyr Foundation.
4. Remember to monthly support the HIV program of your choice. A dollar or five per month donated to the program of your choice helps us all. As an HIV positive person I know that when I spend a few dollars supporting any HIV program it impacts not only those people working hard to cure or care for the HIV positive community but it also helps feed, shelter those worse off than myself or even supports finding a cure for this plague.
5. Lastly, visit the Zephyr Foundation today and learn what your HIV Elite Controller volunteers have been doing. If you are able to support Zephy we can continue to travel and roll up our sleeves to donate blood and tissue samples to benefit us all. See: http://www.zephyrfoundation.org/

I’m just a member of the Zephyr Foundation as a volunteer controller. This information is not an official note from Zephyr. I’m just a wanting to help spread the word about what your peers have been doing to help the HIV positive community. Please take just a few seconds of your day to help spread the word and help support this cause.

Ash

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 619

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3