Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
chickenwing

Reged: 04/25/11
this new me
      #255409 - 04/25/11 09:22 PM

i feel bettr than i did wen i first found out. not sure how long av had this virus maybe two years. i hav a three year old with my partner..he is married to another woman.
the hard part is i donno how to talk abt it with him but from wat av heard he and his wif have been both living this way fir a while..they are on meds. and he has never said a thing. they go to alot of hosp visits together so thts why i feel it is true.

i feel lost like am being punished. i donno wat step to take next really. emotionally i need to talk to him..i need to confront him. but i dnt even know how to do it. and then i donno the sort of route our re;ationship might take after tht.. but reading this forumm has given me alot of hope..now i need courage.

please helpppp

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
Re: this new me new
      #255704 - 05/17/11 09:26 AM

Hi,

I don't think you are being punished, but I think this is a wake up call that you need to start respecting yourself and taking care of yourself and your child. You call this man your partner, but he is married to another woman and has apparently put you at risk and eventually infected you after knowing he is positive and being treated for it? You can call him anything you want, but I don't think the title life partner really applies - that is the first idea that you should change.

Have you had your child tested? It is unclear from your post as to when you were infected, and if he fathered your child and you are now infected, you should check the health of your baby.

I think you should focus on putting your future on strong, positive ground and put this man and the destructive cycle he represents behind you. There are no magic words, but this is a wake up call that you need to take care of yourself better and that you deserve a true partner in life, one that loves and puts your best interests first, not one that knowingly hurts you.

Let this diagnosis help you see how precious your life is and that you must treat yourself with respect and pull yourself to a healthy and nurturing life that you deserve.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1474

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3