Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
urnotalone

Reged: 03/11/10
I tested positive
      #249724 - 03/11/10 01:40 PM

Two months ago I decided to get checked for HIV/AIDS because of of past promiscuous behavior. I have been monogamous for a little over a year now. My story is a spiritual one but to make a long story short b/c it is a long story. I got tested for HIV and the initial test came back "+". When the Dr. told me the news I was mortified. I have read a lot of the articles on here and all seem to be pretty much the same.. When you hear those words..."Your whole life changes". I couldn't hear anything past what he was telling me. I was stuck. A zombie more or less. For two weeks I didn't tell a soul. Many thoughts went through my head and if I didn't believe or have my faith....Well more test were taken to prepare me for my treatment. However when I went back into the Doctor was elated he said I didn't have HIV. He said I was exposed to it somewhere in my life but my body had resisted or built some antigen. He said it may be b/c I am vitamin d deficient (protein) the virus couldn't find a portal into my system...well needless to say I am total wreck b/c if finding out that you are HIV + doesn't surely kill you mentally. Finding out that "-" will put you on your knees. I Thank God for the blessing he has given me and I have devoted my life to the fight against HIV

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
urnotalone

Reged: 03/11/10
Re: I tested positive new
      #249725 - 03/11/10 02:28 PM

My g/f has been away taking care of her terminally ill granny. When I first test positive I told her she needed to come home for a few days so we could talk....Now the hard part begins.

themushroom
All Star

Reged: 02/18/10
Re: I tested positive new
      #249730 - 03/11/10 06:18 PM

What u describe is not possible if you had somehow defeated HIV then you would be in a lab with 50 dr's running around you trying like hell to find out how your body defeated HIV You could have been exposed and not caught it but the dr's have no test that would tell them that You could have a delta mutation but once again the dr's would not know if you had or had not been exposed. In other words if you test positive then one of two things is true YOU ARE or it is a false pos. Either way if you did test positive on a antibody test with a positive western blot then you have HIV PERIOD

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3079

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3