Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
goingmad

Reged: 10/10/09
HAS ANYONE HERE TESTED POZ 5 MONTHS AFTER POST EXP
      #247929 - 10/10/09 10:15 PM

i am curious if people here have tested past the 13 week window? I have crazy symptoms....and have had my 3 month negative

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sivideret

Reged: 08/15/09
Re: HAS ANYONE HERE TESTED POZ 5 MONTHS AFTER POST EXP new
      #247932 - 10/11/09 07:43 AM

Hi goingmad,
I fear I might be in a similar situation here. Waiting for time to pass in order to take a 12 month's test on my doctor's advice.
Apparently, some individuals may not develop antibodies until later, or enough for them to show on a test. Inmune systems are not all the same, and medicine is not an exact science.

May I ask what symptoms you're having? I've had canker sores on two occasions, neuropathy, a bad flu, profuse night sweats, and a "cold" that took to my lungs and lasted for a month until I was given antibiotics, and a low whilte cell count... My health has always been very good until now.
Regards,
C.

Sivideret

Reged: 08/15/09
      #247933 - 10/11/09 07:56 AM

Hi goingmad,
I just read your previous post in another thread, where you explain your situation, exposure and symptoms. I hope what I said before didn't worry you even more. It seems unlikely that you were exposed to HIV that way. You might be worrying yourself too much, so calm down. For yourself and for your baby.
Kind regards,
C.

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #247934 - 10/11/09 10:01 AM

Both of you need to continue your discussion on the Am I Infected forum or PM each other.

People just finding out they actually have HIV have more important things to direct their attention toward then two worried wells that REFUSED to believe the FACT that they are HIV negative.

How insensitive of you both.

goingmad

Reged: 10/10/09
      #247962 - 10/13/09 01:37 PM

I suppose we should be on the am i infected forum. My story...I have tested HIV and HEP C negative out 51/2 months and i have had 2 pcr-rna's and 1 pcr-dna test all NEG. However, I have been on the verge of suicide since my exposure in May. I would have killed myself already had it not been for my husband who encouraged me to keep testing. I was convinced this last round of tests would pick up something for sure. In lieu of my crazy symptoms...night sweats, thrush (confirmed) white plaques on my tongue, strange appearance on tongue, numbness on thighs, skin pigmentation, aches and pains, and general ill feeling. I used to be so healthy....I am pregnant so everyone blames my symptoms on that but to be honest...there is just no way. I told my husband that the last round of tests was a done deal as he is so over this. He firmly believes the 3 month window despite the symptoms. I feel compelled to keep testing no matter what...the more the better. But my husband says that I may get a false positive and freak out. I am willing to take that chance I guess. I know its only in 2 weeks but I plan to have the 6 month test just for precision sake and maybe have another specialized test. I plan to have the HCV-RNA and I am going to have my tongue biopsied. I don't know what else to do I am due NOV. 7th and I feel compelled to find the answer to my strange symptoms before then. I will keep testing until the day I deliver, at that point I will have to trust god and I will have to go on with the information/results I have been given (hopefully still testing negative) . If anything suggests HIV infection I would rather die than live. If all keeps going well with negative results then I will just keep testing....This has become an obsession and I will probably test indefiniately for years until I can be at peace. I agree with your Dr, as all immune systems are different and thus responds at different times. However, The 6 month mark must be a conservative marker becasue the CDC would make it 1 year if they felt the possibility of testing out that long existed. I would say that you would have to be battling many viruses at once to test out past 6 months. As the cases of the healthcare workers who tested as late as 8 months...they got Hep C at the same time as HIV. the longest case proved to be a rapidly fatal hep c and the nurse was very ill the whole time before a pos. result. I am just so nervous that pregnancy affects the results somehow. All the Dr.s said no but how can u be sure...And how could I be undetectable on PCR's and no antibodies. I would have to be so rare....I am just so scared and now my husband expects me to be over this. I am in a living hell. I wish I could be 100% certain...If I could Identify the cause of these strange symtpoms and tested Neg. I would be at peace. Lets just hope we worried wells continue to just be needlessly worried and that we continue on our negative result path.

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #247973 - 10/13/09 07:53 PM

Your right, never mind sticking to that pesky Am I Infected forum. We'll all just drop our issues that deal with ACTUALLY living with HIV and deal with your phoabia about having HIV, an issue which is clearly more important. So sorry that I believe a board for people just testing postive should be FOR PEOPLE JUST TESTING POSITIVE.

I just give up.

johnjsteinbeck

Reged: 04/03/11
      #255100 - 04/03/11 10:03 PM

there are plenty of people that test postive after 3 months.

to put it in perspective, approx 40,000 new infections occur each year.

CDC says 97 percent of people test positive in 3 months , the other 3 percent wihin 3-6 months.

40,000 x .03 = 1,200 people who test positive after 13 weeks of infection on average.

it happens but its a 3 percent chance.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5748

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3