Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
rick36

Reged: 06/01/09
newly hiv poz looking to talk to others
      #245924 - 06/01/09 09:47 PM

im looking to talk to other hiv poz people wat can i expect in the months to come

Edited by rick36 (06/01/09 10:23 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
dudethatsucks

Reged: 05/31/09
Re: newly hiv poz looking to talk to others new
      #245927 - 06/02/09 01:42 AM

hi im newly poz too about three weeks now and my fiance is also poz. when you say what can you expect, what do you mean, becuase at this time we have been through tests and vaccinations ect, and the informing ex partners bit and other than that just living life as healthy as possible. take care of yourself dont be to hard on yourself and find a good support network =)

daybyday

Reged: 06/16/09
      #246154 - 06/16/09 05:37 PM

LOL! You're screen name is great dude! Laughter is good for the soul and what's good for our soul is good for our bodies. My partner and I tested positive last week, so we're going through the same damn shit. I feel the need to reach out, share my story, share info, listen and support others.

Be well!

daybyday

Reged: 06/16/09
      #246155 - 06/16/09 05:48 PM

Hi Rick:

Just tested poz last week as did my honey. We're doing everything we can to get a defined diagnosis and get on meds as required. I am also seeing a nutritionist and we are both seeing counselors. From everything I've been reading the prognosis IS GOOD. Even though my CD4 counts are a sucky 183 and I'm in my 40's so the generation of new cells that may be missing in my infection resistance profile may not be able to be regenerated...there are drugs, treatments, therapies and holistic approaches to living that will keep me healthy and happy a long time.

I am looking to share experiences and info with others. The one thing that seems to resonate among all the info I've read so far is this condition is really complex and it's a completely different experience for everyone.

The other thing that POZ peeps say is YOU GOTTA TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME! :-) Be safe, be healthy, take care of yourself.

God is within.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3362

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3