Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
wonderboy21

Reged: 04/18/09
Im Not Going To Lie Im Scared Really scared
      #245417 - 04/18/09 02:37 AM

i tested positive a few months back and it hit hard i read all about the virus side effects you name it im reading about it.. im so scared i have so many questions..24yr old gay male who wants to raise a family some day.. i got my results back viral load is 650,000 Cd4 count is 290. im going to start treatment soon. may 1.no one knows yet and i dont want to tell anyone soon..im scared of dying im scared of the side effects.. i dont want to have as skinny face sunken cheeks look sick and it seems yes the meds work but its going to suck the life out of me. my doctors were explaining how i have to take the 3-4 pills everyday for the rest of my life..i dont want resistants but im still young i wanna LIVE i wanna Have FUN..I LOVE to travel and i have to not worry bout missing 1 single dose..im sorry if im coming out pretty bad about this i just dont know how to deal with it. yet.. i pray to god the;; find a cure some day in my lifetime.. if you guys could help and give me some feedback with the medication with few side affect with hardly no facial wasting..

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DJones
All Star

Reged: 04/02/09
Loc: Milwaukee Wisconsin
Re: Im Not Going To Lie Im Scared Really scared new
      #245431 - 04/18/09 09:40 PM

Hey guy, if your viral load and TCell counts are what you say you should be already taking medication. You only get once chance at this life. You wait too long and you will find yourself deathly ill. Sorry, just the trueth. I wish you well. I started a blog the day I found out this past January that I was HIV+. You will see you are not alone with your thoughts and feelings, check it out. http://daveslifelivingwithhiv.blogspot.com/

--------------------
http://daveslifelivingwithhiv.blogspot.com/

SA_Intellect
Guru

Reged: 03/27/06
Loc: San Antonio, Texas
      #245449 - 04/20/09 03:40 PM

Your doctors are certainly making the right choice by putting you on medication and I don't think there is any reason why you can't wait until May 1 to start. Though, don't wait longer! The determination of what medications to put you on should be made after a resistance test to see which drugs will work or not. The newer drugs do not cause the side effects that you fear, sunken cheeks, etc., and those are hardly ever prescribed in the U.S. Depending on where you live and your resistance profile, you could be taking as few as one or two pills a day. What is certain is that you must take the medication each day exactly as prescribed and see your doctor regularly for follow up tests, which can eventually be as little as twice per year. If you do that, you will be fine in the long-term and live a normal life. Also, be sure to get appropriate vaccinations (pneumonia, hep a/b, etc.).

leonidas

Reged: 07/24/08
      #245501 - 04/23/09 09:17 AM

Hey! I am sure you are a wonderful boy. Don't panic. Don't be scared. Don't be worried or depresed. There is a life after HIV diagnosis. It is scary at the begining but belive me, in one year you will be living a normal life, back to reality, friends, love, hapiness and sadness, everything will be the same. You will have your family, you will be able to travel, to love and to be loved. I had exactly the same feeling. I found it out when I was pregnant. I have a beatiful and healthy baby and I am going to get married in september. I got my university degree and my profesional carrier is going perfect. There are many beautiful things for you in life. Just enjoy, love your family and friends and take your medicines! I wish you all the best

ooHmartY

Reged: 05/04/09
      #245644 - 05/04/09 12:43 AM

Hi, I'm 21 and recently diagnosed. I've had the same thoughts as you cross my mind. It really helps if you have a really close friend to talk to about. Hearing your thoughts out load is helpful at least for me.

asuguy

Reged: 05/09/09
      #245705 - 05/09/09 10:19 AM

Hi Wonderboy,
I share your feelings and fears. I am new too only 2 months. Your going to be ok as well as I am, This is just something we have to live with not die from. Try to think of it that way. Don't let this control your life, I'm trying very hard to do the same, but its always on my mind. I'm sure you can relate. I know in time it will get easier. What has helped me is I spoil myself now, with healthy things. Do the same,. Do something nice for yourself, go on a road trip with friends, or join a fancy health club, just take care of yourself and do the best to enjoy life and treat yourself to something great, You deserve it. Feel from to PM me anytime.

Jim327040

Reged: 01/27/09
      #245874 - 05/24/09 12:55 PM

first of all, you are young enough that they very well may find a cure in your lifetime. Second, the most important thing you can do in all of this is let the daily regimen become part of your normal life. No different than you probably brush your teeth every morning, have a cup of coffee, etc. Yes it is a pain to add one more thing but the single biggest reason for problems with this virus is not sticking to the regimen. And I'm talking about missing even 1 or 2 days. you can't do it. Of course you can, but the problem is it will set you back. You may end up having to start an entire new regimen. Try to take a deep breath, relax and force yourself to think about the good things in your life..and the good things to come. You'll get thru this.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5535

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3