Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
paper_plane

Reged: 08/21/08
NAT positive, but still have a question
      #241581 - 08/21/08 07:29 PM

I have a question, probably just me being in denial about this whole thing, but i went in for a rapid HIV test because the week before i got strep, went to the doctor and tested positive for it, and i knew that could be a sign of HIV infection. I tested negative on the rapid test. That was about two months ago. This past weekend i got a call saying that they tested my blood using the NAT test and it came back positive. So they tested me again on the rapid and it was still negative. They ran the western blot test and i am waiting for the results, is there any chance that the NAT test could have been wrong? I had unprotected sex about 2 and half months ago, which is was prompted me to go in and get tested.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
U_mushroomhaters
Regular

Reged: 05/13/08
Re: NAT positive, but still have a question new
      #241584 - 08/21/08 09:14 PM

Hey buddy I am sorry to hear of your dilemma I do not like to say this but the new NAT testing is pretty right on I mean it is unlikely a false positive but not totally impossible they will still require a pos western blot to confirm this but i would prepare myself for the worst and then be delighted if not good luck I hope it is but like i said you should be prepared

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3581

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3