Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
goloka

Reged: 09/12/07
How long before CD 4 drops
      #231763 - 10/01/07 01:02 PM

If you are recently infected, how long before your CD 4 is droped and WBC and CD 8 is up and ratio is inverted ?

Ben

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
aloneindc

Reged: 10/14/07
Loc: Washington DC
Re: How long before CD 4 drops new
      #232434 - 10/14/07 09:41 PM

I tested positive very recently and am checked regularly - basically, i was recently infected (within the past 6 months). my first CD4 count was low - the doctors say that everyone reacts differently. You may be lucky enough not to have to take medication for a while, or your CD4 may drop quickly, like mine. Everyone is different.

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #232446 - 10/15/07 07:23 AM

You had a hand job. People don't get infected from handjobs.

FEARING you are infected is not the same thing as actually having to deal with BEING infected.

You have no business bothering people that are recently infected with questions that don't apply to you.

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #232447 - 10/15/07 07:31 AM

[quote]I tested positive very recently and am checked regularly - basically, i was recently infected (within the past 6 months). my first CD4 count was low - the doctors say that everyone reacts differently. You may be lucky enough not to have to take medication for a while, or your CD4 may drop quickly, like mine. Everyone is different. [/quote]

DC - The other thing you will notice is that your CD4 count will bounce around. One time I had a count plummet a couple hundred points, but the next one was higher than it usually ran. Stress, illness, basic health, time of the month for women and the 'who knows' factor can vary the CD4 count from blood draw to blood draw. It's the trend that is important, not anyone result.

Remember it's not just the CD4 count that is important. It's what your viral load is doing. Many times people with recent infections will have a high viral load and lower CD4 count, but then as the initial infection subsides, the viral load will decrease and the CD4s will rise.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6222

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3