Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
pozargie
Regular

Reged: 09/20/07
Good news and bad news
      #231706 - 09/29/07 08:58 PM

Well it 's been a week or so after my possitive diagnosis. Last Wednesday after a pizza dinner I told my friends about my new "hiv life" and I was surprised of the different reactions. Most of them reacted very well some of them were scared to death. I also persuaded them to go and get tested.
One of my friends turned to be possitive as well... he still waiting though for his western blot (That 's the sad news)
Well after all we have each other now for support.
Ok guys shall I ask you some questions now... since yesterday a started to feel a little sick, got some fever overnight and during the day I 've been sneezing a lot. I don't want to connect this with HIV but can not put it apart.
I don't want to take aspirines or pane killers 'couse I am afraid this will alter my "natural defense" or my inmuno system, especially now that I wantiing to have my 1st Cd4 and Virus Load... done.
Shall I wait for this flu to go away before getting cd4 and virus load test???
As always your answers will be highly appreciated.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
oldwoman
Guardian

Reged: 05/12/07
Loc: Phila,Pa
Re: Good news and bad news new
      #231717 - 09/30/07 08:23 AM

Positive or negative,being sick will lower your CD4 count,usually not a whole lot though.If you are on meds always check with your Dr before taking any other meds,whether they are over the counter,herbal remedies or prescribed by another Dr.
It's great that you have the support of your friends,and now the one who is pos can start taking care of himself too.Getting everybody tested great.Most of my friends still won't get tested no matter how much I talk to them about how important it is.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: Good news and bad news new
      #231734 - 09/30/07 06:23 PM

Hay that sounds very promising on the count of your friends.. Be supportive as you may turn out to be their roll model. Never demand, just support. Hell we all get colds, Asprin aint gona hurt cha nor hurt your immune response. You have a cold.. Tell your doctor and ask him what he recomeneds... Pain Killers?? Now thats a bit of a different story...

Eric

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

Reged: 05/24/07
question for survivor new
      #231759 - 10/01/07 11:21 AM

why would pain killers be bad for people with hiv

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4015

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3