Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
endlsskys

Reged: 08/30/07
I go in Friday for my intake appointment IM Scared
      #231573 - 09/26/07 04:56 PM

Friday I go through the process of my intake I am scared of what results are going to come back on all my blood work. I know I am malnutritioned and I already know I am lacking alot of vitiams and muscle mass. Is there a way to turn this around.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: I go in Friday for my intake appointment IM Scared new
      #231575 - 09/26/07 06:12 PM

Well your not going to turn it around by Friday.. :) But you can turn it around with time...

You should not fear this visit. You are taking action to continue to live... You will walk right back out that door with a solid game plan. You will know which direction to head rather than stumbling around in the dark in fear..

Take a pad and pencil, have the questions that have been bothering you written down so you can go and ask your doctor one by one, line by line.. Your the patient, take charge of your health.....

This is what you are doing on Friday... Its going to be fine..

Eric

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #231594 - 09/27/07 01:42 AM

hey

Maybe things can be bettered upon receiving those results! Hang in there mate, we all are here alright??

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

sacinsc
Regular

Reged: 09/12/07
Loc: South Carolina
Re: I go in Friday for my intake appointment IM Sc new
      #231711 - 09/30/07 12:51 AM

Listen to Eric he is good. I go back for my second set of labs in 3 weeks. I am already compiling a list of questions. I am going to email them to my doctor in advance so he knows what I am going to be asking and he can answer them faster so I dont take up as much of his time. I know he is busy.

My first labs cleared a lot up for me...gave me some more questions but in found all the answers here mainly. I am still waiting for my genotype, but everyone here has been supportive and I am now no worried about it in the slightest, instead im kinda anxious to see what I got.

Just relax, its been almost a month for me since I found out, the first 2 1/2 weeks were horrible, 3rd got a little better, last week I was nearly back to my old self. If does get better.

Matt

Reged: 10/08/07
      #232116 - 10/08/07 06:31 PM

[quote] Friday I go through the process of my intake I am scared of what results are going to come back on all my blood work. I know I am malnutritioned and I already know I am lacking alot of vitiams and muscle mass. Is there a way to turn this around. [/quote] He guy, hang in there your going to be fine. I just found out I was HIV + on Thursday, September 27, 2007. It felt like 911 all over again. However after finding this site I have a whole new look at things. The sight help me to understand my own lack of knowledge and fears. I'm already talking to my doctor about viral loads and CD4 counts. and this is my first post so I hope it helps. The thing to remeber is your not alone start researching information on your own and have a POSITIVE OUTLOOK on LIFE AND NOT YOUR STATUS.

Leonardo
Guru

Reged: 08/07/07
Loc: New Jersey
      #232123 - 10/08/07 08:08 PM

My experience matches Matt's. I was inconsolable after my diagnosis. I cried for a week. That was early August.

I started taking medication and have already seen a dramatic improvement in my health. I am confident that I will live for a very long time.

What you are feeling is normal. It's ok to still be distraught. I know how much of a jolt the diagnosis can be. I felt that jolt too and my stomach felt tight and sick, and I cried. But with every doctor's visit things have gotten better.

Eric was the first person to tell me that I would be ok. Listen to him. He's telling you the truth.

Hang in there buddy.

Leo

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #232180 - 10/09/07 08:35 PM

I am nothing more and nothing less than either one of you. If you travel back in time (3000) posts ago, I think you will find the worry well within me! But knowledge and action will meet that fear and aprehension head on. Do not give into fear... Its highly over rated and a waste of your time... Action my friends... Action..

Hugs,

Eric

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5565

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3