Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
mscaramelle

Reged: 12/26/06
VL decreasing w/out meds
      #220008 - 12/26/06 11:24 PM

Hi All....I was diagnosed as HIV+ in Feb of this year. My first test in April showed VL of 1100, 1 month later - 2600, so 6 months later in November, I expected to see the numbers to keep doubling or at least increasing...however, my VL is 570. I am NOT on any medication. I was however, taking a probiotic and oregano oil for the past 3 months. My nurse said that I am a "slow progressor". That isn't a progression to me....its more like a digression. She kept asking me what I was taking though.

I'm thinking that this is a BIG DEAL have a viral load decrease without being prescribed any medication. Has this happened to anyone before?? I decided to try the probiotics after reading alot of material and suspecting that the virus originates in the intestines (colon), not the bloodstream which is the reason I took the probiotics, to increase my good bacteria....and the oreganol (oregano oil) is antiviral, antifungal, antiimflammatory, anti everything!! So its no wonder the immune system tires out and eventually gives out IF we're treating the secondary source.

Anyways, it certainly made me feel hopeful.

Mscaramelle

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DaWolf

Reged: 12/29/06
Loc: NC, USA
Re: VL decreasing w/out meds new
      #220447 - 01/01/07 10:57 AM

[quote]I took the probiotics, to increase my good bacteria....and the oreganol (oregano oil) is antiviral, antifungal, antiimflammatory, anti everything!![/quote]

I was recently diagnosed, and I too have started a regimen of probiotics and oregano oil.

I'd like to ask you what strength of the oregano oil are you taking? Specifically how many mg and what percentage of Carvacrol? Also what time of the day are you taking the Oregano Oil? With or Without food?

I'm taking a daily Oregano Oil capsule (60%, 3.2mg, Carvacrol) each morning with breakfast, as well as three drops of Oregano Oil (30% Carvacrol) sub-lingually after brushing (in the hope of helping with fungal issues I'm seeing in my throat).

I've just started this, and after many of the good results that I've been reading about I decided to up the dose to two capsules, but when I did this yesterday I suffered from Oregano "burbs" all day, even into the night (upwards of 14 hours later!). I'm going to go back to the posted directions of once daily, and do some additional reading.

mscaramelle

#220509 - 01/02/07 03:20 AM

Hi DaWolf....I take Oreganol P73. I take 1-2 drops daily. You can find out all the other information by doing a Google search. I attribute my decreasing VL to this and the Probiotics. Its the only thing I changed since my first tests at the beginning of 2006. My best friend works at a Health Food store and we've been doing alot of reading. Anyways, I'm onto Plan B to see if it might also attribute to my #s and look forward to my next set of tests.

Healthy New Year Dawolf.

Mscaramelle

mscaramelle

#220510 - 01/02/07 03:21 AM

I forgot to answer one of your questions. I take the probiotic & the oreganol first thing in the morning. The oreganol I can take anytime, but I prefer the probiotic in the a.m. before eating. I also take 2 garlic pills.

Cheers!
MSC

Anonymous
Unregistered

#220654 - 01/03/07 06:45 PM

the VL drop is because your body has been fighting the virus and winning so far, usually you become infected in the next few months your VL rockets up and then gradually decreases to a certain point because your body has learnt to fight it off. if your body can do this forever then your a non-progressor

but sometimes what happens is as hiv continues to kill the helper cells your body becomes weaker and weaker so the VL starts to go up again.. this is why medication is involved.

but hopefully you will stay like this forever or for a long time good luck!

mscaramelle

#220694 - 01/03/07 11:40 PM

That makes sense. I just wasn't impressed that the doctors wanted to discuss starting to take meds right away when my 1st VL # was 1100. It will be interesting to see how things go as time goes on.

Thank you,
MsC

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5260

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3