Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why doesn't anyone write about AIDS?
      #217705 - 12/09/06 01:34 AM

I was diagnosed with AIDS 1 month ago. I am still in a state of shock. My CD4 count was 24, Viral load over 650,000. I was hospitalized with PCP, also had Thrush...I was place on Atripla and various anti-biotics...miraculously I feel good....don't feel sick or had major side effect from meds.. On these posts, it appears everyone posts on HIV but barely non-one writes about when HIV becomes AIDS and dealing with that news.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Why doesn't anyone write about AIDS? new
      #217727 - 12/09/06 09:06 AM

My husband has had AIDS for over 10 years, infected with HIV almost 20. I guess the reason people don't write about it much is because having AIDS doesn't mean what it used to. Many people meet the CDC criteria for AIDS, but then with medical intervention their health bounces back and while they continue to have AIDS their health is just like someone dealing with sympotmatic HIV infection. The only place where having AIDS opposed to HIV infection makes a difference is in seeking SSDI.

Some people like my doctor don't even use the term AIDS, they use the term Advance HIV Disease, which actually is a better term.

Good luck on the Atripla. I'm sure you will see a rebound in your counts soon.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2944

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3