Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Insertive Oral
      #215665 - 11/23/06 11:55 PM

Has anyone here acquired HIV from insertive oral (receiving a blowjob)? Thanks...
André D

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Insertive Oral new
      #215683 - 11/24/06 06:09 AM

this is from my hiv counselor, i hope it helps

Oral sex is a risk for HIV…a very LOW risk, but still a risk in some way. In terms of your specific question….I have not personally heard about anyone who has received HIV from RECEIVING oral sex…but I have heard reports of people who got infected by GIVING oral sex. Even these cases are very rare. we estimate that there are over a million people with HIV in the US right now. If oral sex were a higher risk then we’d be hearing about a lot more cases within that million of people who got it from oral…but we don’t hear that because the risk from oral is very very low.

If oral risk is something you are very concerned about then I think you should consider using flavored or non-lubricated condoms when giving and receiving oral sex.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#215690 - 11/24/06 07:56 AM

The CDC has no confirmed cases of transmission from receiving. There are a handful of cases from giving. In a couple of long term studies with serodiscordant couple that did not use protection for oral, but did use protection for intercourse. There were no cases of transmission during the study frame.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#216828 - 12/03/06 10:26 PM

I dont understand how people can worry over "getting" oral sex. Why?? People neg and pos can kiss without passing the virus SO how can u get hiv by someone giving you oral sex? They would be the one at risk of catching something from you. the giver is the one at risk and even thats a low!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3740

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3