Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

"In the throws" part 2.....
      #215062 - 11/20/06 01:47 PM

Well...you all we're right...I think. Seems as if todays test shows undetectable virus......UNDER 50......CD4cells 1299.

Doctor wants two more antibody tests in another 4 weeks and 12 weeks....just to confirm this false positive viral load test. of a few weeks ago.,....MAN...has this been a rollercoaster.....I told him about this site..he was aware of it...and said my scenario is rare.....I wasnt sure...as you guys..or several of you had immediate suspicions of a false postive...given my test results and my 'oral insertive" sex role and its low risk activity status.....BTW ..I do return the favor a bit as well and love oral receptive role too...just had minimzed it as part of my individualized approach to safe sex that worked for me.....I will keep you posted and ery much appreciate the immediate support driven response to my scare....I wish you all the best of health for the future....and given your own words.....you will live life to the fullest you can possibly live it.....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: "In the throws" part 2..... new
      #215125 - 11/21/06 12:23 AM

That is great news so far and the final outcome should certainly be even greater news! Those testing by PCR should know that there is a 4%-8% chance of a false pos. result caused by cross contamination which will usually read somewhere under 2000 copies. A true pos. result would read copies in the tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands, if done during early infection before antibodies are formed. It is said that the viral load during early infection is the highest it will ever be during the entire course of infection because there are no antibodies to keep the infection from rapidly multiplying.
Good Luck!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: "In the throws" part 2..... new
      #215144 - 11/21/06 06:53 AM

WOW! Thanks so much for that reply......a great fact to know when youre in gray zone area and youre focusing brain on controlling reactions.....quantification makes me able to look at the issues..and think them out.....4-8% seems substantial...not that rare....so I think getting that info out is great education.....and personally, has made me even more hopeful and happy.....

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3112

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3