Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
SaltyWater

Reged: 08/23/06
Just Registered
      #204576 - 08/23/06 01:20 PM

Hi All,

I posted a message a few days about goign the hell I was goign through and just finding out I was positive. (Still cant bring myself to type / say the word)

I just thought I'd register as I think this site can be a great help and although I've spent a few times with tears rolling down my face, I feel it's at least something I can lean on when I need to.

I know I've got a rough couple of months coming in terms of trying to deal with it but I'd just like to formally introduce myself, Apologies if I seem to ask stupid questions thoughout my membership - but I really am all new to this.

Salty

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
Re: Just Registered new
      #204582 - 08/23/06 01:53 PM

Salty, welcome to the Body. there are some truly amazing people that come here and lend support, friendship and prayers.

You are in my prayers as you start off on this journey.

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #204591 - 08/23/06 02:52 PM

Hi .....Welcome to the Body.
Sorry to hear of your positive diagnosis. Please tell us more about yourself. Where do you live, what country? Do you have an infectious disease doctor and have you had your blood work done?

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

dj1979
Guru

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: rural upstate NY
      #204598 - 08/23/06 03:09 PM

Welcome to The Body, and sorry to hear of your diagnosis. The Body is the right place to be - tons of support, information, etc. It has been extremely helpful to me.

Not sure of your individual circumstances, but feel free to say whatever you want here - it's safe.

How did you suspect your were infected? Any labs yet? Have you hooked up with your local ASO for more information?

Hang in there - it's extremely scary at first, but it really does get better. I was just diagnosed in March, after exposure in January.

--Donna

alivehoping
Legend

Reged: 04/05/06
      #204675 - 08/23/06 11:09 PM

come on in,there are plenty of people here willing to help you and listen to your troubles,you are not alone in this,there are others who have had the same things going on with the way you are thinking,namely myself,i had a terrible time comming to terms of having hiv,and the damage its done to my life and the changing of the way i used to think,now that i have been here for a little while i realized with the help of the others here that they do care for one another,a family you never wanted but you have when you need us.dont hesitate to come here and let it all go from your mind,sometimes it helps,and my recent labs came back with very good numbers after taking pills for 3 years,so dont give in or give up,keep on living,hope this help calm the troubled waters,take care

SaltyWater

#204716 - 08/24/06 06:25 AM

Thanks guys. I'n back at the clinic for the first time today after getting my result, hopefully I should get my Viral Load and CD4 counts.

Can;t help but feel sick to the stomach. I'm white as a sheet and petrified. Think the next step for me is to find a good consultant who can help me and maybe a good counsilor.

Will keep you posted, saying that I'm thinking of jumping on a plane and just getting away for a few days.

polywog
All Star

Reged: 07/30/06
Loc: toronto
      #204729 - 08/24/06 07:51 AM

Hi Salty - we all know how shocking the news can be, and you're right, it is an adjustment period. I"m still getting used to it myself, been just 6 months for me. Ask any question on your mind, there aren't any stupid ones, if something's bothering you or you have a thought share it with us here. Each of us react differently and have differnt experiences to share - my initial response like yours, was terror, disbelief, horrible sadness - but after learning what this condition is, what the very, very good prognosis is for us, and educating myself on how to take care of myself, there is comfort. It is NOT A DEATH SENTENCE - you can live a full life - believe that - medical advances are astounding - I did see a counsellor, it helped enormously - this is a challenging mental ride we're all on - some handle it better than others - i just keep trying - but remember that if the mental part is the worst of it right now, concentrate on getting through that part of it and living - because you will LIVE

alivehoping
Legend

Reged: 04/05/06
      #204758 - 08/24/06 10:10 AM

just ask at your docs office,they should know where to direct you,for the help you want,but you have to ask,they wont know untill you do.take care

SaltyWater

#204821 - 08/24/06 06:47 PM

I got my first set of results today. (I think I'm just over the seroconversion or just coming out of it) was a bit alarmed at the results, I was told not to think too much about the first set as they can be all over if you've just recently been infected.

Viral Load: 163,000

CD4: 347

Can anyone tell me if they had such a high viral count when they were first diagnosed? Is it normal to be so high after recent infection.

Any answers greately apprechiated.

Jenni
Master

Reged: 11/06/05
Loc: Texas, USA
      #204862 - 08/24/06 11:44 PM

Welcome! We're family here, feel free to ask anything...

--------------------
It's you that I live for and for you that I die.
So I'll lay here with you until the final goodbye

Choosing2Liv
Legend

Reged: 03/21/06
Loc: South
      #205200 - 08/28/06 10:41 AM

Welcome to the group Salty.

Keep reading, posting, venting and asking questions. It will help you through this rough time.

Hopefully, you will soon begin to see us as a major part of your support team. We're here for you!

-Gary

Bhammer40
All Star

Reged: 01/17/06
Loc: Alabama
      #205266 - 08/28/06 06:33 PM

Greetings Salty:
My partner was diagnosed May of 2005 and it took me some 6 months or so to finally find out that I too was HIV positive in November 2005. Life will return to normal again… I promise. The roller-coaster ride will ease up and you will adapt to this knowledge. There are so many good friends here at this site that is here for you …so take advantage of this community. There is a lot of knowledge and companionship awaiting you. This site was such a blessing to me when I needed to vent or cry or just chat a spell. It still gives me comfort when I log on and see those same names giving out advice or just listening to our newbies. Take each day as it comes Salty. Within a few weeks or one month you will be back to normal.

--------------------
Diagnosed 11/2005
Last Labs Drawn 10/18/2007
Cd4 906; 49%
VL 189
Still No Meds Yet

mritznm

Reged: 06/06/06
      #205386 - 08/29/06 05:08 PM

hI SALTY.YOU WILL BE ALRIGHT.ITS JUST ONE DAY AT A TIMEI AM ALSO A NEWBIE 5MONTHS.BUT THANKS TO THIS SITE MY FAMILY AND DOCTOR AND FAINACE I AM GOING TO BE OK SO WILL YOU.I HAVE MT BAD DAYS WE ARE HUMAN. PLEASE STAY IN TOUCH

mritznm

Reged: 06/06/06
Re: Just Registered
      #205387 - 08/29/06 05:10 PM

GREAT NUMBERS KEEP GOING

ai77
Fanatic

Reged: 04/12/06
Loc: California
Re: Just Registered
      #205423 - 08/29/06 10:35 PM

Welcome to our group. You sound like you're doing all the right stuff, including finding your way here. Keep coming here, use this resource and any others that are available to you, and don't be afraid to ask what you think are stupid questions, whether it be here, at your ASO, or your doctor's office. If you're wondering it, someone else probably is too. Keep on keeping on - you will be your best advocate in dealing with disease by staying informed and active in taking care of yourself, emotionally, physically and spiritually. You'll realize that this isn't "the end," just something where you'll have to make some adjustments here and there. See you around -

M

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8927

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3