Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

test positive but do not now how I got it
      #196281 - 06/15/06 11:38 PM

I give blood to the blood center in new york for years and on Jan 10 they let me know that I positive I told the women that she was out of her mind. I haved sex off and on for 12 yearswith my boyfriend( he been tested and does not have it) . My Dotor tested me 4 times before he got a positive for western blot my t and B cell surface are 2030 and my cd4 are 1246 the HVI RNA Ultrasensitive is 368. does anyone know anyother to get this? By the way I have not done any drugs or drank in 17 years. ITS Killing me not knowing , because if I have it anyone can.PS: I hope you can understand this.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: test positive but do not now how I got it new
      #196283 - 06/16/06 12:17 AM

Can't tell you how you got "it", but can help you live with "it"!

Best

Anonymous
Unregistered

#196294 - 06/16/06 04:32 AM

Are you female? Are you pregnant?

SA_Intellect
Guru

Reged: 03/27/06
Loc: San Antonio, Texas
      #196509 - 06/17/06 05:16 PM

how long ago was your boyfriend tested? tell him to take a test now and see if he has it. if he does, then you have your answer. maybe he's been lying to you.

it really really sucks not knowing especially if you know you didn't put yourself at risk. but at some point, you have to put that behind you and deal with the reality of the situation. b/c at the end of the day hiv doesn't care how it gets into your body, it's going to do what it does and you've got to stop it.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #196516 - 06/17/06 06:12 PM

WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE... What does it matter now??? Get on with your life and NEVER look back...

Anonymous
Unregistered

#196832 - 06/20/06 08:16 PM

I'm very sorry for what happened to you. What you said completely gives me zero confidence in testing. How can you get tested 4 times before you get a positve using what should be a confirmatory test. Someone please help me understand.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197395 - 06/24/06 02:56 AM

Hello, I sorry for what's happening to you and with this learn from it. I saw this while searching for a report for class regarding HIV. I wish you tell your story, and while doing so may, in hopes maybe hold your hand in the progess. Can you tell me more history like work status, any other health issues like dental? I remember a case of a dentist having HIV and pass this to patients. Please let me know, I would really like to being a friend in times you need....maybe we can talk...Christine

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197492 - 06/24/06 10:28 PM

I'm sorry to say this, but your story sounds very fishy!
1) Are you sure your boyfriend is negative? You need to go with him and see his result firsthand.
2) Why in the world would it take 4 times on the western blot to test positive?

If you really did not have a risk, then maybe something happened like the above poster mentioned. But it really seems impossible.

alivehoping
Legend

Reged: 04/05/06
      #197506 - 06/25/06 12:24 AM

dont bother your mind about how you got it,deal with it and get the help you need to live with it,hope you find some help you need in getting things in the right direction

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #197588 - 06/25/06 09:07 PM

Re. your second question: It's possible that she initially tested positive with an ELISA or a NAT test, and at that point was negative by WB (which is used to confirm a positive ELISA, but is less sensitive). The doctor may have then tested her repeatedly over a period of weeks until she created enough antibodies to register positive by WB. Just a guess.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197953 - 06/27/06 10:34 PM

That goes everything I've heard and read about HIV testing. The Western Blot is a confirmatory, she mentions that she was tested numerous times before getting a negative result. I'm just surprised that people are so casual (water under the bridge ???) with the reponses here. How can we have faith in these test?, I would be asking the same question in effort to understand it and educate others.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6917

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3