Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trying To Cope With HIV
      #195475 - 06/11/06 04:34 PM

Two months ago i found out i was hiv!!!!
I had been going to my doctor to have tests done on several lumps i had found on my neck.My partner had talked me into going for the tests cause of worried i had become.The last thing i expeted to be told was that i was hiv!!!
My parents were great when i told them and my dad even came with me to have my second test done.
But the hardest thing was having to tell my partner that he needed to tested as well,luckily his first came back clear but he won't have his second test done now and i think i have lost his love now

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
Re: Trying To Cope With HIV new
      #195477 - 06/11/06 04:48 PM

He is afraid, scared, and not sure how he feels. You need to talk with him.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #195479 - 06/11/06 05:11 PM

Love is something you cannot measure by a +ve status. If he leaves you because of HIV, it was never love dear. Do not fret nor worry but continue to talk with your partner and express to him how you feel. Equally well, be sure he is talking to you! Love + HIV exists, but + fear + worry can taint the equation. Thats why you both must express your true feelings. HIV has only speaded up the process for you..

((Love))

jambo
Fanatic

Reged: 04/08/06
      #195521 - 06/11/06 09:56 PM

Anon

As you know from our friends here, life does not stop with this diagnosis. get yourself registered here and join this family. you will get advice, friendship and a lot of free love from guys here, which will be better therapy than any medicine can offer for any kind of diagnosis.

take care, you'll be ok
jambo

daisey6205
Legend

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
      #196345 - 06/16/06 10:44 AM

my hubbie tested positive, about 3months before i ever did. we were married one month after his positive diagnosis. hiv does not change the person you are, if anything it makes you a stronger individual. i love my husband, regardless of his status. my status could have came back negative, but it did not. it would not have mattered though. i still married him knowing he had hiv. love is love. if you love someone so unconditionally that you will sacrifice yourself, then you know you have found a love that will withstand the strongest of storms that may come your way, be it hiv or whatever the case may be. i love my husband and will be right by his side, no matter what the weather throws at me.
hiv does not change you or your partner. if you are meant to be together, then you will be. if your partner decides to leave because of hiv, then there is someone out there that is specifically meant for you and you alone.
love
daisey

paulo
Unregistered

#196585 - 06/18/06 05:03 PM

hi
after i was tested i believe i found my true friends. seeing a tear on a man's eye when you tell him you have hiv is priceless. he was just my friend, no partner. i had had already some time to diggest the news, so when i told it i was already quite positive about all the situation, but that tear for me represented so much.
so, dont worry if you loose your partner because of this maybe he simply doesnt deserve you. the one, ones you will find in future should know about hiv and by accepting it is already a proof of love. it happened to me. all the best

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3999

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3