Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

ars-symptoms
      #194347 - 06/03/06 03:16 PM

can the people who have tested positive describe the symptoms they experianced during the ars period and after please. Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Survivor
Veteran

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: ars-symptoms new
      #194381 - 06/03/06 08:05 PM

If I had them, I totally dismissed them as being nothing but a flu. Never missed work in 15 years of employment. So I cant help you on this one...

Blixer
Veteran

Reged: 01/10/06
Loc: Missouri
      #194463 - 06/04/06 01:27 PM

I never had anything that even remotely resembled ARS. I've been totally healthy for years. Even when the HIV was diagnosed I wasn't feeling bad or experiencing any symptoms.

--------------------
David
Sustiva, Epivir, Videx EC

SA_Intellect
Regular

Reged: 03/27/06
Loc: San Antonio, Texas
      #194523 - 06/04/06 08:56 PM

i started getting some swollen lymph nodes in my neck about 3 months after my exposure but ironically it was only after i found out i had hiv so i wonder if the lymph nodal swelling was actually caused by a horrible psychological reaction the diagnosis.

PositiveInPVD

Reged: 03/12/06
Loc: Providence, Rhode Island
      #194536 - 06/04/06 10:49 PM

Mine was marked by what I would call mono-like symptoms. I felt like I was hit by a mack truck, with fever and chills. More markedly, I had hepatitis that caused swelling that put pressure on my ribcage, like s spike up my back as well. Liver panel results (ALT/AST) were extremely elevated. We explored autoimmune hepatitis, wasnt confirmed by a hepatologist. I got better. I dismissed that clearly something was very wrong, all I cared about was that after a month or so I was fully recovered.

And then several months later, only with far more suffering this next time around.....WALLAH!

But just remember. ARS symptoms can be indicative of many other things. Dont go jumping to conclusions until you have a confirmatory HIV test.

--------------------
CD4 808 (41%), VL <75, liver still functioning great,lipids normal!!!

dj1979
Regular

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: rural upstate NY
      #198524 - 07/01/06 06:46 PM

Haven't had anyone as this in a while, but I had a "classic" case of ARS. Abot 2 1/2 weeks after exposure I had a sudden onset of fever (101-102), anorexia, EXTREME fatigue, nausea, WBC dropped to 2,000, liver functions elevated.
Initial HIV test about 4 weeks after exposure ELISA positive, Western Blot indeterminate. Repeat tests at 7 weeks were all positive. No symptoms now, first CD4 at 3 months post exposure was 569, viral load 43,600.

All that being said, if you aren't sure, get tested. If I hadn't pursued HIV testing on my own, I would have just accepted the hematologist's diagnosis of EBV, after ruling out hepatitis, leuemia, etc., etc., etc.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4636

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3