Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
pooo
Fanatic

Reged: 04/23/06
Just tested positive a few weeks ago
      #187653 - 04/23/06 03:06 PM

Hello all I am new to the board, but I wanted to come here to meet positive people that are going through the same thing I am. I am a 29 y/o hiv positive female. When I first found out that I was positive, I felt as if my world was over, but I lean and depend on God and I am so blessed to have such a STRONG and SUPPORTIVE family. I hope to meet others that are going through the same thing. WE CAN MAKE IT YOU GUYS!!! I haven't started my meds yet, I have a Doc's appointment on the 26 of this month. I have heard some horror stories about starting meds....Please keep me in yours prayers and I will do the same for you all.

God Bless You!
~Walking By Faith

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GPPG
Regular

Reged: 12/25/05
Re: Just tested positive a few weeks ago new
      #187680 - 04/23/06 09:02 PM

Good thing is that you got diagonized. I guess you will get your cd4 and viral load tested. Most probably you will not need mes for a long time to come.
However if do not have any resistance then most first line resistance are very well tolerated, not to mention about the future meds which are yet to come.

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #187687 - 04/23/06 10:43 PM

Choosing2Liv
Legend

Reged: 03/21/06
Loc: South
      #187715 - 04/24/06 09:41 AM

Welcome "Faith,"

With your dependance on God, your strong, supportive family, and newfound friends online, you are sure to do well on the journey you have ahead of you. You've got a winning combination.

If positive people with positive attitudes is what you're looking for, you've come to the right place! I would not have been able to make it without the support of my friends here. I trust you will find this a safe haven too.

Keep reading and posting,
-Gary

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #187728 - 04/24/06 10:51 AM

Welcome walking by faith. Sorry under such cercumstances. I am a 30 year old female who found out almost a year ago that I had AIDS. I had to start right away on meds and I am now up to a cell count of 454 and vl undetectable. Meds are not what they use to be and neither is this disease. Good luck at your doctors appt and keep your head up. You may not even need meds yet!

daisey6205
Legend

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
      #187853 - 04/25/06 11:40 AM

i am a 32 y/o female, diagnosed almost a year ago. i have not needed any meds and wont for a long time. everything is going to be ok. you seem to have the right attitude about it, though there will be days when you may feel like you have been hit by a train. i just want you to know that is normal to have differnt emotions from time to time. dont give up. we are all in this together.
love and prayers,
daisey

SA_Intellect
Guru

Reged: 03/27/06
Loc: San Antonio, Texas
      #187934 - 04/25/06 07:42 PM

Yes, thank God for our families. That's what's keeping me wanting to continue to live...my strong and supportive family and friends. I feel like I didn't appreciate them enough before.

pooo
Fanatic

Reged: 04/23/06
      #187950 - 04/25/06 10:08 PM

Daisy Thank you so much for those positive words! People like you and all the other people here really keep me going!!

God Bless U :)

daisey6205
Legend

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
      #188062 - 04/26/06 01:59 PM

i think we all have had to reevaluate what has been important to us, that is only natural also. things that we may have taken for granted before and things we used to think were so trivial... now the things that really are important mean the most and the things we thought were so trivial then we now realize was just a pebble in the road. there is nothing wrong with a little self-evaluation once in a while, just dont let it over whelm you. dont get down on yourself for where the past has placed you now. we all have a list of "if i could live my life over, i'd do ...............", but you dont have it to live over and the only thing you can do now is live the life that you have been given. everything happens for a reason. so in the event you find yourself getting down, just remember someone else out there has it worse than you do. it helps to get over the past if you can tell yourself ten uplifting things every morning when you look in the mirror, in time you will even start believing more in yourself and your abilities.
love to all,
daisey

dj1979
Guru

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: rural upstate NY
      #188292 - 04/27/06 04:00 PM

Welcome - I am also female, and also recently diagnosed as HIV positive. Send me a private message if you'd like to talk sometime. This is definitely the place to be - everyone here has been wonderful to me, from when I first came here wondering if I had ARS, through the uncertain test results, through the definitive results, and now that I know my viral load and CD4 numbers. I consider everyone to be my friends.

--Donna

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #188325 - 04/27/06 08:15 PM

Welcome to thebody... Keep talking....

Love

ai77
Fanatic

Reged: 04/12/06
Loc: California
      #188410 - 04/28/06 11:32 AM

Hi Faith - I just wanted to echo the sentiment that this is one of the best places to be to get support. There's a lot of knowledge and wisdom here as well as just plain old GOOD PEOPLE.

I'm also a 29 year old female, recently diagnosed, scheduled to go on meds ASAP. Keep posting and feel free to PM me NEtime. I've been up and down emotionally, as evidenced by my posts, but am making a conscious effort to live positively and joyfully. Will be keeping you in my prayers.

HealingPower
Regular

Reged: 04/30/06
Loc: MD
      #188794 - 04/30/06 05:27 PM

Thank you for this post, you gave me courage, and hope. I'll pray for you as you pray for me.
~HealingPower

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #188799 - 04/30/06 05:55 PM

All of us rely upon one another to make it through another day. I would never recomend anyone trying to work through an HIV diagnosis let alone living with HIV/AIDS without the support of loving and caring people who you will find right here. Having a higher power as I have read in couple of the newbies that just registered is an absolute plus in my book. Use that power.. Develop it further. Its impossible not to given our situations. We are all blessed to have each other. I know for a fact, I would not be standing here today if it were not for my friendships that I have established right here..

Life goes on, MAKE IT A GREAT LIFE. There is nothing holding you back from that...

Love & Peace

Edited by EricCO (04/30/06 05:56 PM)

JHIV130306

Reged: 04/28/06
Loc: KL, Malaysia
      #191585 - 05/16/06 06:10 AM

Walking By Faith,

I was also tested positive last month, i came to accept it already.
I'm 26 and i do pray for you because u have supportive family and friends.
Me, on the other hand, hasn't told anyone yet.....not even my mum and my best friends.....i hope that someday i will be able to walk up straight to them and tell them my status, time is the issue.....

Hope that you'll get more support

JH

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21135

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3