Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone negative at 13 weeks.....but positive later
      #186519 - 04/15/06 01:06 PM

Has there been anyone here, that tested negative at 13 weeks and then later went back and tested positive.?
Im meaning from a single exposure, and knowing when it happened.
Has anyone gone thru this.?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SA_Intellect
Regular

Reged: 03/27/06
Posts: 247
Loc: San Antonio, Texas
Re: Anyone negative at 13 weeks.....but positive later new
      #186523 - 04/15/06 01:36 PM

i personally haven't but if you are negative at 13 weeks that's great sign. 90% of folks will test positive within 12 weeks. The general rule is that the other 10% will sero-convert within 6 months. But if it's been 13 weeks, you're 90% safe to believe you don't have it and use this experience as a learning opportunity not to have unsafe sex again!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Anyone negative at 13 weeks.....but positive later new
      #186563 - 04/15/06 06:50 PM

thats misinformation and will scare a lot of people. do more research before spreading things like that. Its more along the lines of 99+% will seroconvert by 13 weeks, while the remaining miniscule percentage will later due to a variety of circumstances.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MiamiLat
Regular

Reged: 12/30/05
Posts: 396
Loc: Miami, FL
Re: Anyone negative at 13 weeks.....but positive later new
      #186571 - 04/15/06 08:30 PM

I have to agree with the anonymous poster. I've read 99+% will test positive by 3 mos (12/ 13 weeks) and the remainder (less than 1%) by 6 mos. Those who test positive after 3 mos are considered later seroconverters and usually have a compromised immune system with very slow antibody production...

--------------------
"Education, prevention, awareness, research, and support"

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Anyone negative at 13 weeks.....but positive later new
      #186573 - 04/15/06 09:02 PM

so say you test negative post 6 months regardless of your exposure (mine was insertive vaginal). Like 200 days (28 weeks). Would that be enough or should more testing be done?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MiamiLat
Regular

Reged: 12/30/05
Posts: 396
Loc: Miami, FL
Re: Anyone negative at 13 weeks.....but positive later new
      #186593 - 04/16/06 01:11 AM

NO more testing is indicated. You are NEGATIVE! Congrats...

--------------------
"Education, prevention, awareness, research, and support"

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1


What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4729

 
Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

*
UBB.threads™ 6.2.3