Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Automimmune diseases
      #182885 - 03/28/06 03:15 PM

I have read that autoimmune diseases slow the creation of antibodies? i have crhons disease and I havent had anyone answer my question. I tested negative at 5 months (156 days) after a 1 time insertive vaginal experience with a sex worker at a bachelor party. It was in a country in latin america so the condom I used was purchased there. I have a stuffy sensation in my nose, maybe allergies ?? even though 've never had allergies. I know you guys are the experts here so please advise if possible......

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ny10001
Grand Master

Reged: 07/08/05
Loc: New York
Re: Automimmune diseases new
      #182886 - 03/28/06 03:21 PM

I'm not a doctor, so I can't definitively say yes or no, but at 5 months, I think it's highly doubtful you could be positive....especially if you used a condom. Unless the condom broke (and you would know if did...they break completely like a bursting balloon), then you couldn't have picked up HIV at all. The fact that you don't know the status of the worker further reduces your chances of being positive.

I think you're probably in the clear, but if you're concerned, why not ask your doctor?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#182887 - 03/28/06 03:23 PM

I already did and he told me there was nothing to worry about. So i took the liberty of going to a private hospital with a friend of mine who is a doctor and got me another elisa test at 212 days which turned out negative as well..

dj1979
Guru

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: rural upstate NY
      #182890 - 03/28/06 03:28 PM

Then RELAX - and bask in the fact that you, my dear, are NEGATIVE!!! Whew, big sigh of relief. Pat yourself on the back for having the courage and determination to find out your HIV status, and keep this experience in mind for your future "encounters." Best of luck!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#182892 - 03/28/06 03:35 PM

DJ and NY ,
Thanks for your responses. That is what I want to do but i keep having general muscle twitching in my legs (left hamstring), stuffy nose like allergies, dust smell or something (even though I've never had allergies B4), and other symptoms...... THe only thing I can think of is I as on Minocycline for post eye surgery and evern since then I've had most of these symptoms. I guess i just need to go to the doc again or get a shrink......

SA_Intellect
Guru

Reged: 03/27/06
Loc: San Antonio, Texas
      #182919 - 03/28/06 05:11 PM

Many things can cause a stuffy nose. I assume condoms in Latin America are as effective as ones here and I congratulate you for using one with this sex worker. That would definitely be high risk sex if it had been unprotected. The best way to ease your fears is to get tested. It's very scary b/c of the possibility of being told you are positive, as I was, but you a negative result would give you peace of mind and a positive one would allow you to take the next steps to protect yourself. Personally, I don't think you have HIV since you used a condom (hopefully it didn't break). But if you are worried PUT ASIDE YOUR FEARS AND GET TESTED!

dj1979
Guru

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: rural upstate NY
      #182920 - 03/28/06 05:19 PM

I should add that I have Multiple Sclerosis, diagnosed 17 years ago. It is VERY stable - no problems or symptoms for over 10 years, but is nevertheless an autoimmune disease. I was ELISA positive/Western Blot indeterminate at about 4 weeks post exposure, and converted to ELISA positive/Western Blot positive at about 6 weeks post exposure. I don't know if any of this helps you. For awhile, my hematologist thought I had Lupus, which could cause a false positive test - but ALL Lupus tests were negative, including ANA & double strand DNA (I don't know what that last one really means, but it sounds impressive, huh?) So, I have an autoimmune disease, but still seroconverted by 6 weeks.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#182928 - 03/28/06 06:21 PM

I already tested twice.. once at 5 months and once at 7 months... should I get tested again?

SA_Intellect
Guru

Reged: 03/27/06
Loc: San Antonio, Texas
      #182958 - 03/28/06 08:31 PM

Dude listen, you are completely over reacting! Everyone will seroconvert within 6 months if HIV entered their bodies. Everyone! If you have not seroconverted yet that means you are negative and for that you deserve congratulations. I'm very jealous. If you are having other health issues you need to stop focusing on HIV and, with your doctor, start looking into other causes. Maybe it's allergies, or a reaction to a medication, or your anxiety over all this. Have you been resting enough? Are you stressed at work, at home or over this situation? Stress, Anxiety and Depression can cause health issues. You need to talk to you doctor and see what else is going on. Additionally, if you have an immuno-deficiency disorder already, it is MANDATORY that you practice SAFE sex during EVERY encounter!!!! It's mandatory for everyone but especially for you since a second immuno-deficiency disease can really wreak havoc on your body. Stop focusing so much on HIV which you obviously don't have since you haven't tested positive after 7 months. Talk to your doctor and find out what's really going on with your body so you can resolve it.

kenya
Fanatic

Reged: 01/30/06
Loc: Kenya
      #183036 - 03/29/06 07:42 AM

hi. dont pu to much worry in your cranium. take it easy and get medically certified. you can handle it!

--------------------
i believe in God absolutely and I choose life!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4915

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3