Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Ricanpapi
Unregistered

I was diagnosed about 4days ago
      #182207 - 03/24/06 04:41 PM

Hi. Im a 20 yr old gay male living in nyc. I was recently admitted in the hospital for an asthma attack. While i was in there. I asked for a an HIV test just to get it done while I was in there. So that I can know of my status. So I get out the hospital and go back to work and I get a call from the clinic saying my results came in. But due to work I wasnt able to come in and get my results so my Doctor was trying to get me to come in. So finally I come in and they gave me the most horrible news I had ever heard in my life. Im HIV +. at first it didnt sink in.I was in disbeliefe then when she introduced me to another counselor in a small room. I just broke down and cried. They were very helpful. But it wa so overwhelming and heart breaking that no matter what they told me to make me feel bettter it just went in one ear and came out the other.
They took some blood for test and when I was done the guy who taking my blood hugged me and said "God is great" and " Im always here for you". That just made me feel soo sad and mad and better at the same time. So far my T cell count I think is at 450 which from what they told me is good. Im just waiting to see what kind of strand of the virus I have. Gee...look what you get when your with the love of your life for 2 years..and they end up giving you this. It's funny how they leave you right before you find out..and its also funny how You might they think know they have it and never told you. Well im sorry for the long post but I havent told anyone. This kind of helpled. and YES!!! GOD IS GREAT...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Shaqui
Unregistered

Re: I was diagnosed about 4days ago new
      #182209 - 03/24/06 04:51 PM

Hey,

I am so sorry you are going through all this. I know there is a really supportive forum at Aidsmeds.com. Go to forums, and then go to the "living with" forum. The support there is great. A lot of the really nice people who post here post there as well.

My best thoughts are with you.

littleprince
Fanatic

Reged: 03/15/06
      #182224 - 03/24/06 06:21 PM

i am so sorry to hear this sad news. but it's not the end, you can see this as another chapter of your life. i know what you are going through, i am newly diagnosed myself. reach out for support here. you can also register and send me a private message. i am in nyc too. i was given help by people who i don't even know. now, i am ready to help you, even just to listen and be with you.

:-)

--------------------
You Are What You Tolerate.

goofyme
Fanatic

Loc: nyc
      #182238 - 03/24/06 06:54 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your status. You need not be sorry for your long post, it is ok. As for YES!!! GOD IS GREAT. Good for you, I hear you talking. That is a good start. Go from there.

Be well,

goofyme

dj1979
Guru

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: rural upstate NY
      #182254 - 03/24/06 08:14 PM

My story is quite different from yours, but we have a couple of things in common - we are both recently diagnosed as HIV+ (10 days ago for me), and we both came to the right place for support and encouragement. The people here have been great - I started posting when my initial test results weren't conclusive, so these guys have helped me through the last month or so. My story - heterosexual 44 year old woman, monogamous for 13 years, has an affair for a month (hubby and I separated during this time), gets back with hubby, and gets sick 3 weeks later. Turns out it was acute retroviral syndrome. My final test results were positive - ELISA, rapid test, Western Blot. I just had my first viral load and CD4 count drawn yesterday - will know those results in about a week. Good luck, keep posting here, and hang in there. I'm scared to death too - but talking to people helps.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #182256 - 03/24/06 08:17 PM

I know how you feel. Its going to be alittle bumpy for awhile, but I know you can do this. NYC you can find the support you need. Contact your nearest ASO (Aids Service Organization) and get plugged in! As your doctor told you, 450cd you have some time to let this sink in. Your doctors will give you the time you need to understand HIV. Keep posting and talking about how your feeling. Just as you said, it feels good to vent and talk this out. Ive been diagnosed since September and am on meds now and am doing very well. Hang tuff young man... You have a future!

Love

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #182375 - 03/25/06 06:14 PM

We are here for you Papi. Talk to us.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

ny10001
Grand Master

Reged: 07/08/05
Loc: New York
      #182693 - 03/27/06 04:14 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I just sent you a Private Message. I'm in NYC, too, so if you need any referrals or knowledge or anything, feel free to contact me. I left my personal E-mail address in the message.

Steven

SA_Intellect
Guru

Reged: 03/27/06
Loc: San Antonio, Texas
      #182700 - 03/27/06 05:29 PM

Hey man! I'm a 28-year-old black male in San Antonio, TX. I know your pain believe me. I was just diagnosed this morning and I FREAKED OUT!! I couldn't believe this happend to me. I'm too good and too smart for this. I am in shock and I almost can't handle it. I saw a counselor for 90 minutes and he called me back and home and should be calling me again today. I still have to tell my parents tonight. That's going to be fun. I am still waiting for the confirmation blood test results, but who are we kidding? I know I am poz. I talked to my uncle today who is a doctor and he told me that physicians see HIV as a chronic illness in the same category as diabetes, which made me feel better b/c I have two cousins with that disease. It means that people can live normal lives with medication. It makes me feel better but I still can't believe this has happened to me.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #182712 - 03/27/06 06:41 PM

Hate to tell you SA, your just like the rest of the world. It happens to the very best of people and the very worst of people. It just happens... thats all.. dont get to wrapped up in the why's. You cant change it...

I replyed to your thread SA.

goofyme
Fanatic

Loc: nyc
      #182842 - 03/28/06 12:20 PM

Hello,

Sent you a private message of support and encouragement.

Hope you are fine and well, and hope you find some kind of assist here.

Be well and healthy,

goofyme

pooo
Fanatic

Reged: 04/23/06
      #187655 - 04/23/06 03:11 PM

Yes God is Great!! Just keep your head up, You have nothing to feel ashamed or sad about!! YOU ARE GODS CHILD and he dosen't put more on us than we can bare!!
We are all posting because we are going through the same thing......God b With you honey!

~Walking by Faith

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6849

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3