Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
bobo
Unregistered

my history..
      #178357 - 03/04/06 01:55 PM

am back again, want to write abit abt me and how i possibly got hiv.am not even sure where to start but i last went for a test in july 2004, and that was negative.since then i haven't had unprotected sex, except with my ex boyfriend, who i was seeing on and off.(i have had other boyfriends before, but i was always quite careful, and had protected sex.)some time last year i got to know how promiscous he actually was, and that got me running.and he always had meds,(not quite sure they were ARV's though, but he was always on medication) plus he had a very persistent cold, and when i asked him about it he said he had sinuses and has been asthmatic since he was a kid.that din't make me feel any better but at least i stopped worrying for a bit.then last year i met this guy, who we fell in love with and yeah, he's the best guy i ever met, and got engaged to him this vals.so that really got me thinking i should take the hiv test coz am now ready to settle down and forget my 'happy go lucky' days.(he's -ve, thank God!) he has been my rock these last few days, and he wants to marry me even sooner than we had planned, since things are diff now.my symptons were swollen lymph nodes(as of now) but before then i had things like an occassional cold that would come and go, night sweats and fever, but i never had all at a go so i never actually thought about it as such.i really don't think i'll do another test to re-confirm, but i already took other tests when i was diagnosed,(i think those were for checking my t-cells and vl?) and am getting the results in like 2 weeks.i never met anyone with a false poz, and i don't want to build my hopes on that, am trying to accept it instead.but if anyone knows whether the cd4 tests are good enough to confirm the hiv status(+ or -).am all so new to this and i will appreciate if anyone has advice about retesting, and the chances of a false poz.one thing that scares me is dying young though.anyone with an idea what the ave life expectancy of a hiv poz person is nowadays, what with all the new meds? thanks guys for being there, i really feel loved here!! thanks all for your replies,most of you have been where i am so i know you know how much they mean.love yous.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Blixer
Legend

Reged: 01/10/06
Loc: Missouri
Re: my history.. new
      #178369 - 03/04/06 04:48 PM

Thanks for sharing your story with us. It looks like you are doing the right things. Get in with your ID doctor and find out where you are on things. Then go from there. Like you, I never really had any symptoms. My swollen lymph nodes was what led me to finally go to the doctor. It looks like I'll start meds within the next month. That has created a bit of anxiety but I'm ready.

Sounds like you have a super boyfriend. I'm so glad he is staying by you in this.

--------------------
David
Sustiva, Epivir, Videx EC

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #178374 - 03/04/06 07:24 PM

Hi Bobo... Hope your doing ok. Nice to hear your story. It really makes no difference what happened, how it happened, it just happened. I know we like to search and load ourselves up with guilt. The "if only's".. Dont spend alot of time there ok... Its a waste of spirit. Focus on whats going on now. Well now is the waiting game, a waiting game of numbers and loads and all this stuff you are not use to yet. You will and you will make it through. You have so much to live for with a marriage impending etc. Be sure your lines of communication are very open to him. Tell him always whats on your mind. Dont bottle anything in that concerns you hiv or none hiv related. Life.... As far as life expectancy? I will let your doctor tell you that one. I would not worry to awfully much about that right now... Start living in in the day and not worry about 50 years from now ok? Let us know how you are doing and keep us updated when you get your wonderful numbers/load thinngies...

Love

kenya
Fanatic

Reged: 01/30/06
Loc: Kenya
      #178446 - 03/05/06 10:51 AM

hi bobo. am sure with time you will be able to deal with it. we are expecting a baby and both +. you dont have to worry about longevity, am sure you will outlive many _. what you need to do is discover your purpose and the project it to others. life is certainly worth more when you discover your status. and God openes more doors.

--------------------
i believe in God absolutely and I choose life!

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #178449 - 03/05/06 12:03 PM

Kenya.. I love your outlook.. Can I have some!!

Love

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3123

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3