Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Ushuaia

Reged: 02/17/06
Tested Positive 3 weeks ago
      #175569 - 02/17/06 12:57 AM

I tested posotive 3 weeks ago. I was suppose to have an appointment with the Gay & Lesbian Center in Hollywood tomorrow to obtain my Viral Count and CD4 count. However the appointment was re-schdeuled for 2/27. I was advised to cancel Cobra and sign up for ADAP. I did do this however I am very frightened as now I do not have coverage thru the HMO that I have been use to. I will be treated at the center. Could anyone tell me what I will be going thru? what happens when you are newly diagnosed? Should I quit smoking? Help any advice would be appreciated.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #175584 - 02/17/06 01:31 AM

Ushuaia

Reged: 02/17/06
Re: Tested Positive 3 weeks ago new
      #175589 - 02/17/06 01:42 AM

Thanks Man! I received it!!
/
Tony

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #175676 - 02/17/06 02:33 PM

Welcome. You have just signed on to one of the best forums on the internet regarding HIV and AIDS. Hope to see you post regularly and keep us up to date as to your progress.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #175688 - 02/17/06 03:50 PM

Hello and welcome to the boards. I am sorry for your diagnosis. I had quite smoking almost 3 years now, but I thatnk god I did it when I did. I ended up in the hospital 7 months ago with PCP, that is how I learned of my diagnosis. I have heard it will not effect your numbers but obviously it is no good for you HIV or not. I have ADDP which I beleive is the same thing and I thatnk god for it. I did not have any health coverage before and with the price of the meds......It is a lifesaver. Good luck and hope to hear more from you.

still_here
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/06
      #175697 - 02/17/06 04:22 PM

i've been smoking since i was 15 years old... i just turned 34. HOW DO I QUIT??!! i have a slight heart murmur, so i'm wondering if the patch would be ok? any suggestions from anyone else who quit?

Cleyton
Unregistered

#175750 - 02/18/06 07:47 AM

As what other poz saying, you are not alone my friend. Im one of those newly diagnosed and I understand what you are going thru. Refrain from smoking my friend and adopt a healthier and productive lifestyle, that what I did. You take care my friend, we are all here to give you moral support. Life is beatiful so help yourself in coping up with all the possibilities.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#175879 - 02/19/06 02:06 AM

[quote]I tested posotive 3 weeks ago. I was suppose to have an appointment with the Gay & Lesbian Center in Hollywood tomorrow to obtain my Viral Count and CD4 count. However the appointment was re-schdeuled for 2/27. I was advised to cancel Cobra and sign up for ADAP. I did do this however I am very frightened as now I do not have coverage thru the HMO that I have been use to. I will be treated at the center. Could anyone tell me what I will be going thru? what happens when you are newly diagnosed? Should I quit smoking? Help any advice would be appreciated. [/quote]

iNOW KNOW IT IS TIME TO END MY LIFE. i DO NOT WANT TO TAK AWAY FROM THISE WHO REALLY NEAD NEAD HELP.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#175880 - 02/19/06 02:12 AM

I know that it it time to take my life. I do nowant to otake away from the ones who really need help. I t is so easy to end it all. This is not the way to live my brothers. It is early in the diagonisis. I would rather end it all than to continue.
Love

Tony

Anonymous
Unregistered

#177169 - 02/25/06 08:00 AM

It's one of many challenges you could have in life. It's really not the worse thing! HIV can be a disease that you could talk meds for. But you need to get support! You need to talk to people so you don't feel alone!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#177399 - 02/26/06 11:48 PM

Hi there I hope you are feeling better. My husband has been positive for 22 years and not on medicine. Don't despair. It is a chronic, yet manageable condition that is treatable. You can live a normal life with this illness, think diabetes. Learn all you can on this website about living well with hiv. It doesn't ever even have to progress to aids, although has aids, well actually he is undetectable now again after being on meds some months. Staying calm, learning to deal with stress is imperative, quit smoking, eat healthy foods, exercise, preferably with weights, all of these things will help give you a long, prosperous life, you are cared about, loved, move close to your spiritual life, keep your faith, and we will be here for you. We are all in this together.

Love and hugs.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#177836 - 03/01/06 04:15 PM

WHY????

SA_Intellect
Guru

Reged: 03/27/06
Loc: San Antonio, Texas
      #182707 - 03/27/06 06:33 PM

Leading a healthier life-style is good advice for any person, especially those with HIV. STOP SMOKING NOW! In addition, try to eat more balanced meals with protein, carbs and fruits and vegetables. The vitamins they contain are important. Additionally, try to exercise (this includes power walking) at least an hour 3-4 times a week. All this helps keep the immune system and general health of all people, including people with HIV, in good condition.

nomoreworry4me
Master

Reged: 12/24/07
      #235497 - 01/21/08 01:30 PM

U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention • International News
UK Soldiers May Have Been Exposed to Contaminated Blood

January 10, 2008

Eighteen British military casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan may have received unscreened blood transfused during their medical emergency, the Sun newspaper has reported. Due to the soldiers' urgent need, the blood was supplied by the United States instead of Britain. After the Pentagon cautioned that some batches of blood used were not properly screened, British military officials located the soldiers and instructed them to be tested for blood-borne diseases such as HIV and hepatitis.

"Where time is of the essence, it can be clinically essential to use American or other coalition medical facilities and their blood or blood products if they can be made available sooner," the Ministry of Defense told the Sun.

"The defense secretary acted quickly to ensure that those British personnel involved were informed as soon as possible," said Defense Minister Derek Twigg. "The actual risk of any infection is low; however, we are taking it extremely seriously," he said. "We are working with the appropriate health authorities to do all that we can to test and reassure the people involved. We… will continue to do all that we can do to support them and their families through this uncertain time."

Back to other news for January 2008

Search the Newsroom archive

Excerpted from:
Australian Associated Press

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9220

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3