Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

low VL: what does it mean?
      #173195 - 02/03/06 11:53 AM

I found out accidentally I was Poz end of Nov 05. First labs end of Dec: VL 276, CD4 410. Thought that was unusually low VL. I think Doc thought so too. First he said don't come back for three months, then said lets retest sooner. Had another set a week ago: CD4 486, 40%,VL 163. Does this mean I'm home free for awhile? how long? months? years? How long before things go south and I need meds. He wouldn't say, just "come back in April". Anyone have any experience with such low VL off meds? What does it mean? How long might it last?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bear60
Veteran

Reged: 12/21/05
Re: low VL: what does it mean? new
      #173496 - 02/05/06 02:50 PM

I tested poz in 1989. I have never been on meds. I just got the results back from by latest tests and my VL was less than 70 and my TCell count was 750. I suggest you concentrate on a good diet, lower your stress levels when possible (don't let small stuff bother you) and keep getting tested to monitor your counts. Of course you dont want to get re-infected so stay safe. I also enjoy massage and accupuncture to help me feel better. After all I am almost 62 years old.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

Survivor
Veteran

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #173521 - 02/05/06 06:00 PM

This is just my case regarding my husband. His numbers are very similar to yours. I asked the doctor and he said it could be a year or 10 years. The body and virus just react differently. Thats a big window. Just keep getting tested and monitored. Your in that "Watch and Wait" area. Enjoy it and keep fit and healthy!!

Best

debtex
Veteran

Reged: 03/21/05
      #173748 - 02/06/06 04:30 PM

that is very good news about your numbers. (always unfortunate when I hear of newly diagnosed)...but just like everyone has described...if you take care of yourself and keep yourself safe....you can do well for years without medcations. (I have been on a holiday for almost 4 years..sometimes my viral load has been undetectable...but has never been above 1200). I'v even met one woman who has had undetectable levels and normal tcells for 20 years. and has NEVER been on meds.
just take care of yourself... and you will do fine!!

love and prayers to you
deb

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3201

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3