Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

symptoms in hindsight?
      #167453 - 12/20/05 12:52 PM

I recently tested postive. I had esophigeal thrush. Now know that there were other symptoms of AIDS that just went overlooked. Do any of you have these same stories. I just can't believe it took so long to diagnos this.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #167466 - 12/20/05 04:06 PM

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: symptoms in hindsight? new
      #167469 - 12/20/05 04:38 PM

Did you go to the Dr. for symptoms that you now know to be related to your AIDS. Also, how long did you have symptoms before finally being diagnosed. It is frustrating!

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

#167481 - 12/20/05 08:03 PM

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

#167482 - 12/20/05 08:11 PM

Anonymous
Unregistered

#167485 - 12/20/05 08:22 PM

True...I guess just hard to believe that some things slip by so easily. I think it should be mandatory on all physicals to be tested for HIV so we can stop progression of this!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#167486 - 12/20/05 08:25 PM

I had tongue thrush for 4 months and tingling feet and hands. Tested me for diabetes. Then something else happened and it was diagnosed as AIDS.

soimnotalone
Fanatic

Reged: 10/28/05
      #167500 - 12/20/05 11:30 PM

for years my white blood count was dropping, the dr's said it was because i am a black female and i smoked cigaretts, so they were not alarmed, but then it appeared that my reb blood cells were attacking my white blood cells, then a few years later my white was attacking the red they suspected leukemia (spell check) because i did not fit the "profile" of one who was high risk for hiv/aids...this was in the early to mid '90's...then i would eat all day and not gain a pound stayed tired, and down not common cold down or depressed but out of it worn out, i blamed it on working 2 jobs and going to school pt...little did i know the virus was eating away at my body (wasting) thank GOD it did not take my soul...

Bsm1970
Unregistered

#167983 - 12/27/05 09:02 PM

I was symptomatic for quite a few years before actually considering it was HIV. The clincher for me to get tested was abnormal weight loss, severe fatigue, and depression. I was diagnosed with "mono" about 8 years ago. I got extremely sick for about 2 months. It's possible this was my seroconversion from an HIV infection I never knew I had. But I will probably never know for certain. Good luck.

ExWorryWart
Guardian

Reged: 12/21/05
      #167984 - 12/27/05 09:49 PM

what was something else? Did you really have tingling hands and feets? Did they use to be painful at times too? Please describe. I am experiencing those too and is kinda really nervous after reading your post. I found out during my research that tingling hands and feets are not common ARS symptomps but i have read it in this post for some times that it can be a symptom..were they more related to anxiety? Please tell me
Regards
WW

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#168009 - 12/28/05 08:42 AM

We found out in May that my bf was full blown. We have been together for 3 years and used no protection. If you met him you would never think he had aids. He works out and has a healthy looking body.Then he had shingles they said no problem it is not uncommon to get shingles he was working alot and under stress. About eight months later he had an eye infection.They said don't worry you are under stress and working alot your immune system is low (the same things they said when he had shingles).When I told the Dr. they said the same thing 8 months ago he said oh let's do an HIV test just to rule it out. My bf said no way did he have it I said let's just rule it out.Now remember we were at the eye doctor and he just looked at us and said ok lets see what we have here ( he opened his file and just blurted out ) you are positive you have HIV.Like it was nothing, that moment our lives changed forever.But over the years nothing really pointed to HIV/AIDS just regular things that people get.I had Mono a couple of months after we started dating but it was just Mono. I have been tested over the years and 3 times since we found out he is positive and thank GOD I am negative.He said he could not live with himself if I was positive because of him.I also thank God for this web site because I can not tell anyone about this and I have nobody to talk to about this.And my bf keeps telling me this is his problem not mine but I am going through this with him. Sorry for going on and on and thanks for listening.

MiamiLat
Guardian

Reged: 12/30/05
Loc: Miami, FL
      #168213 - 12/30/05 03:11 PM

Please excuse the personal question, but you state you have been tested 3 times after your partner's positive result and you tested negative. You also say during the 3 years you been together you used no protection. Can you please tell me if you were the insertive or receptive partner? I ask because over 3 weeks ago I had unprotected anal sex as the insertive (top) partner, I later found out the bottom is pos...

--------------------
"Education, prevention, awareness, research, and support"

Anonymous
Unregistered

#168334 - 01/01/06 06:11 PM

I am female and we never had anal sex only because I always said no thank God.I know this is a very hard time for you waiting to find out if you are pos or neg.I will say a pray for you good luck.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7412

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3