Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
halfbrazilian

Reged: 12/02/05
Loc: Las Vegas, NV
Counseling
      #165958 - 12/02/05 11:46 AM

I recently found out I was positive. Sept 1 2005. Never gonna forget that date. Anyway, I went to a counselor the NEXT day and I've been seeing him ever since. I just wanted to tell EVERYONE that it has helped me so much in my struggle. I was a little skeptical at first, but I've embraced it and I've since become an advocate of counseling. I can't tell you all how beneficial it is. I'm not sure about your cities, but in Las Vegas they have a community counseling center that is free for recently diagnosed individuals. Looks into that for your cities. Even if you have to pay a small fee, your lives will be enriched.
The Funny thing is I rarely talk about HIV. I talk about all the other crap in my life. I am extremely blessed in my life- but still have the kinks to work out and talking to an objective person has given me so much perspective about my life and the lives of the people around me.
We're not alone guys....if we all face our fears head on, we'll be ok.
:)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: Counseling new
      #166120 - 12/04/05 03:30 PM

I have always had counceling in the back of my head. But you know, the friends I have made, the boses I have talked to. The doctors who I have talked with. The wonderful people on this site have propelled me through so many feelings. Its such a ride!!! I am glad I have the option of counceling if I need to...

God Bless

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2212

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3