Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

need some advice about testing
      #165675 - 11/29/05 10:35 PM

I am sorry if this is specifically for people with HIV/AIDS but I am having severe anxiety and am looking for answers. I was wondering if you knew when you had servoconverted/tested positive for HIV. I had an HIV test a year ago after having a sexual encounter which was followed by basically all classic ARS "flu-like" symptoms very soon after the incident(I had the flu 2 months prior to this incidence which i know was not related to sexual encounters). The test was done at almost exactly three months to the day of the encounter. It was an unprotected oral encounter which i performed on a male (i am female) with fluid intake. The next morning my glands were very swollen. ARS symptoms followed in the next week. A week after the incident I went to my doctor who cultured me for strep throat which was positive. I took amoxicillian and it helped somewhat. To this day I still have problems with my tonsils. Also the guy I was "involved" (hooking up basically) with recently has started to start asking friends how I am doing and what I have been up and mentioned that he has tried calling me(my phone number changed). This has got me absolutely terrified. Also the fact that my throat is not right and I keep reading that problems with tonsils are associated with HIV infection. I also have a white coated tongue and little white bumps on my upper lip which I have had since the encounter (thrush?) showed them to my doctor who claims he doesn't see a problem there. However, my lip was never like this before and is still like it a year later. Also the guy has put on a large amount of weight (he used to have an athletic build) which makes me scared that he is experience the excess fat that some people get with HIV medicine. Can I trust my three month test? I am so terrified it was a false negetive. Please help! I am a 20 year old college student with such a bright future ahead of me. I am in a prominent organization on campus. This was the first sexual encounter I had outside of a relationship. I'm the kind of person who carries anti-bacterial lotion in my purse. I am sorry if you are sick of people who may be in the "worried well" catergory but I am an advocate for this cause. In high school I was secretary for our AIDS Awareness group and plan to have a career in public health related to HIV/AIDS. I guess it's ironic that I would be having a scare like this. Sometimes I think that maybe I was meant to have it. It also doesn't help that I am in love with this guy but refuse to let him in because I am terrified of what might be the truth. My parents know od the situation and are sick of me "being so ridiculous" but my body just doesn't feel the same. I would really like them to be there with me when I get tested again? Did you have others with you when you got tested? Once again I really don't want to make anyone feel bad about their status. I know that having HIV know is not like it was back in the 80's.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
franfrog
Unregistered

Re: need some advice about testing new
      #165761 - 11/30/05 04:51 PM

If you tested 12-13 weeks after the incident you are fine. If there was any indication that you were poz it would have given you that indication. As for the swollen glands and symptoms...You really can not go by symptoms. I have been poz for 8 years and never had a symptom. You should see your Dr. I think this may be another problem.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2245

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3