Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
lal37
Unregistered

seroconverted in June and now a "magnetic couple"
      #162647 - 10/24/05 05:35 PM

I just became positive, not just tested, but actually got infected in May and seroconverted in June... I have not been intimate w/ my partner beccause of high viral load and I feel like " I got caught"... any way to work this out?.. my partner wants to have sex.. I just can't handle it right now...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jenn
Guardian

Reged: 09/14/05
Re: seroconverted in June and now a "magnetic couple" new
      #162672 - 10/24/05 09:47 PM

You sound like a human being with a conscience. Worried about your partner. That makes you a classy person. Is your partner neg? Have you spoken to him/her? You didn't "get caught" - that's just how we human beings "interpret' HIV. Like, we got caught, or God is punishing us. That's not the case. Its just science. It has nothing to do with being morally wrong or right or being worthy or unworthy.
Jenn

lal37
Unregistered

#162698 - 10/25/05 10:24 AM

my partner is neg., I did what I did because we were having problems and I felt he was cheating.. he says no, he was not. i did and I got" caught".. AND ON MY FIRST TRYST!!!..... I've never been able to hold things back from my partner.. and this proves it!!

rumbie
Unregistered

#162844 - 10/27/05 06:35 AM

Its natural to feel this way but you should keep in mind that your high viral load cannot stop you from having sex because you have to use condoms even if it becomes undetectable.Now stopworrying and go on with your sex life.

BrokenWingedBird
Expert

Reged: 11/30/04
Loc: United Kingdom.
      #162853 - 10/27/05 09:58 AM

It's OK to say you got "caught" provided you simply mean that a nasty biological phenomenon out there in the big wide world got hold of YOU, and that the "evil one" in this situation is that detestable nasty destructive little virus!

Now, onto the main thrust of your question: sex with your HIV-negative partner. By the book, you are now a "magnetic couple", i.e. you are pos and neg living together, regardless of whether you have sex with each other. Also by the book, your "magnetic" status should be no impediment to your having sex together: as advised above, you must use condoms and obviously not do sexual things which will allow that nasty virus to catch hold of your partner. There are MANY sexual things one can do which are completely safe.

HOWEVER, that's "by the book". The reality is different. There are "magnetic" couples who no longer have sex for purely psychological reasons. One such reason is that it can for some people be psychologically painful practising ultra-safe sex with someone with whom one one was previously able to enjoy "free" sex, in which there was no need to worry about the presence of HIV.

But that situation may not apply to you or your partner. You need to talk about it and discuss what will make you both happy.

Good luck.

--------------------
Without a dream, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly. Keep hold of your dreams.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5270

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3