HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
daisey6205
Legend

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
thrush or what
      #160991 - 10/02/05 11:43 PM

OK. I know it is going to sound crazy.... but my tongue feels like it is being laid on an iron and tortured.....I have a small red blister on one side and it is kinda white on top. It hurts. It burns. It is on fire. Anyone know if this might be onset of oral thrush? Please advise. Sorry to sound dumb, but I have never had it.
Yes I am already HIV+, diagnosed September 2, 2005 after window period.
Thanks,
DAISEY :)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
daisey6205
Legend

Re: thrush or what new
      #161033 - 10/03/05 02:05 PM

went to doctor today. found out it is definately thrush. this sucks a big fat one. my husband has possibly had HIV for 3 years, never had any illness or cold or anything! i get it and have been fighting off and on for 3 months with colds, infections, and so on! it is bullshit. i am starting to feel like i can be found somewhere between shit and shyphillis in the dictionary! not that i would wish for him or anyone else to have symptoms or be suffering from a weakened immune system, but i am sick of being sick!!!!!!
DAISEY

Reged: 09/07/05
      #161039 - 10/03/05 03:16 PM

sorry to hear...hang in there.... I have too have mouth stuff too, but so far I've tested (neg)... not sure what to think?

Wish there was something I could do/ say to help ya!

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #161059 - 10/03/05 05:18 PM

Daisy,

I'm sure the thrush you got was not from a compromised immune sytem. (because fortunately by the looks of your #'s....they are great). but ALOT of times antibiotics can cause thrush. (and from what I read, you have taken quite a bit lately). and YES, thrush does suck. I've gotten it in the past. (but mainly from the medication I was on at the time).

Swish and spit!! it will get better. I know it does hurt. and the swish is "nasty"!! hang in there.

love to you,
debbie

daisey6205
Legend

#161088 - 10/03/05 10:23 PM

Thank you all. It just really sucks. I am tired of feeling like asshole all the time. One minute I am doing good and the next right back to crap. Doc said she thinks I am still acute seroconverting and that is why all this is happening to me. My Daisey petals are starting to feel like they are falling off. Daisey's are suppose to signify happiness, well happy daisey is starting to feel like sad daisey.
DAISEY :( :( :( :( :( :(

Anonymous
Unregistered

Keep your chin up Daisey! new
      #161128 - 10/04/05 02:12 PM

Hi Daisey...it's Trish (from "Am I Infected") I'm so sorry to hear that you are having such a crappy time of things. You have such wonderful and encouraging words for me...and others. I wish I could do or say something to make your day a little brighter. Just know that you are in my prayers, and you have touched my heart and helped me during some dark moments...for that I will be forever grateful.

Trish

Anonymous
Unregistered

#161423 - 10/09/05 01:42 AM

Hi.I dont think its the onset of thrush.It may just be oral sore caused by different things.I usually get them when i am having my period but i ham not yet positove.Dont worry girl.As long as you have good CD4 and viral load,you wont have thrush.

daisey6205
Legend

#161441 - 10/09/05 02:18 PM

unfortunately i have been the exception to the rule on everything. it was thrush. i went to the doctor. took meds for it and am over it now. today i am suffering from allergies, i think. throat hurting and headaches, and sneezing. this weather has me really messed up. oh well. life goes on.
daisey

Anonymous
Unregistered

#161640 - 10/11/05 04:31 PM

Symptoms sound familiar - I had these symptoms for over 3 months, and that is what motivated my doctor to test me...I tested positive for HIV. BIG surprise, I'm a heterosexual female, who doesn't do needles. But, back to the Thrush, what you didn't mention, which was true in my case, was a constant build-up of a white substance on the top of my mouth and white dots on the sides of my mouth and throat.

daisey6205
Legend

#161646 - 10/11/05 04:58 PM

what was your cd4 count and viral load? just curious. i am heterosexual and have never done needles either, just got caught with my pants down at the wrong time (ha ha ). my husband contracted hiv somewhere... one of 10-12 girls in a 3 year period.
I still have a white film on my tongue and the small blister on the side, today the roof of my mouth has started hurting and feels kinda swollen, but other than that the steam roller has stopped. i go tomorrow for labs, so we will see in a week when those come back.
daisey

Anonymous
Unregistered

#166375 - 12/06/05 10:40 PM

What do you mean you posted outside the window period?

I am sorry for the question, just experiencing anxiety of my own, to go alot with a thick white coading on my tounge and would like to know when you tested pos

I hope you can help me out
thanks much and god bless

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7612

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3