HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
TwinsDad

Reged: 07/13/05
Loc: USA
Loosing Body Fat
      #158474 - 08/10/05 11:56 PM

Hello Group,

I was infected 5 months ago and I have been noticing that I am loosing a lot of body fat. My hands and legs have been loosing a lot of fat. I didn't get any stomach symptoms, just headeaches and night sweats, mild fever during sero conversion. Is this normal? Am I going to gain back my body fat?

I am eating my normal meals with same calories etc. I am very worried.

Thanks for all your replies.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Loosing Body Fat new
      #158512 - 08/11/05 02:59 PM

you may be loosing weight because of the stress.The same is happening to me.Why don´t you join a Gym and try to have a better diet?

ny10001
Regular

Reged: 07/08/05
Loc: New York
      #158515 - 08/11/05 05:13 PM

Significant body fat loss doesn't usually occur until you have advanced HIV disease (and even then, in some people you wouldn't really notice a difference).

ScotCharles
Veteran

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: Los Angeles
      #158628 - 08/14/05 10:54 AM

Maybe I'm old and partnered, but I can't fathom all the fuss people make about lipid...whatever. People seem to want to look like fashion models, refusing to work with changes brought about age or illness. I hold that you are best to work with what you have. My infection has caused moderate wasting, slight abdominal changes, my hair to thin and grey, my memory to fail, and my reasoning ability to slow. Yet I can still put on a beau visage, even if I have to spend more time in front of the mirror to do so. I delegate more to my staff than I did ten years ago, and I ponder decisions for a longer period of time.

Surgery, devices, and pills are a poor way to handle lipi...whatever. Here in LA, I see people with scary cosmetic surgery every day; I don't want to have the character removed from my face, but I don't want to look like a cotten shirt fresh from the dryer either.

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#158654 - 08/15/05 12:37 AM

How long how you been infected? I noticed that I lost fat on my fingers, arms and whole body. I am thinking that is due to the infection.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4081

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3