Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

why isn't there a cure yet?
      #156652 - 06/29/05 12:27 AM

i feel that there isn't enough research in the HIV/AIDS department for a cure. It just seems more preventention and treatment, but i dont understand how treatment can get someone undetectable, but can't fully get rid of it....i'm just so frustrated with living with HIV now. My friend said i will have a normal life. I believe to some extent i will, but it will never me fully normal until i get rid of it fully.... I don't want to die positive.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: why isn't there a cure yet? new
      #156668 - 06/29/05 09:46 AM

And many do not want to die with cancer, polio, parkensons, cerebellpalsy etc. there are many diseases that they have no cure for maybe those people feel the same. HIV is a very hard virus to get rid of, it changes itself very rapidly that is why there is no cure. There is much research and many places doing work on this disease and they can only work within the grants that they get from government. Other moneys allow them to work outside of the word of the grants but that kind of money is slim and hard to come by. We used to raise moneys with events like the AIDS vaccine rides which allowed the scientists to work outside of the word of the grants and it boosted the timeline of the first tests of the HIV vaccines which would not have been tested yet if they still had to fallow the grant guidelines.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#156778 - 07/03/05 08:53 AM

If you have HIV I know getting it cured it the most important thing to you. However the world is spending hugh sums on it. There are other diseases out ther that are claiming many lives too. Are we suppose to not fight cancer?? HIVis a virus and so far no one has been able to eradicate a virus from the cells. The best methord is to stop its replication. In the not to distant furture we will have it under control. The best hope will be a vaccine. I also am confussed how people are mad a drug companies yet they are the only hope for survival. I guess people want to bite the hand that can save them.

ScotCharles
Legend

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: Los Angeles
      #156923 - 07/07/05 12:51 PM

Viruses are dead nasty things to kill. For one, they are just barely alive, composed of little more than a strand of DNA in a protein and fat jacket, with a sole aim to reproduce. Worse they are Protean, they change form in adaption to their environment and host. Remember HIV started as a simian virus and then adapted to man, who has proven a very good host.

If nothing else you have to admire HIV's tenacity and adaptability.

ScotCharles

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Monchhichi
Guru

Reged: 02/07/05
Loc: Florida
      #157013 - 07/09/05 07:40 PM

ScotCharles, I do hve to agree with you. If you step back and look at it, the virus itself is one amazing thing. To see where it has come from in the last 20+ years! It is the smartest virus, so yeah you have to admire something that well designed.

--------------------
Never forget: Life is too precious to take for granted.

spiritzone2
Grand Master

Reged: 06/24/05
Loc: PORTLAND ROCKS !!
      #157376 - 07/16/05 05:52 PM

even if someone (like myself) becomes undetectable, bits of virus hides in our organs. If you do not want to die of AIDS or die positive, there are other FUN and exciting ways to die. You can smoke tobacco and use drugs or drink alcohol and practice unsafe sex. HEP C is easy to get. With the knowledge of today, HIV is difficult to get. Someone with TB could sneeze on the bus, and you could get that. And how about west nile or mad cow?? Perhaps you could walk out your front door and experience a random act of violence. I am hoping for the car/train thing or perhaps the big metorite from the sky. Truly, do you think there are other more important things you can place your attention on that might help things instead of worrying about something that may or may not happen. Like working for the solution instead of being part of the problem?

--------------------
OUR FOCUS DETERMINES OUR REALITY.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4314

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3