Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

A QUESTION TO HIV DENIALISTS
      #15443 - 02/08/01 01:54 PM

If all this stuff about the hiv virus and aids were lies, how do you explain that people how test positive after some years WILL ALWAYS experience many many wierd symptoms never seen before in people who test negative? Why people who test positive arent exactly the same as people who test negative. Because they have the hiv virus that will make wierd symptoms like people say but the symptoms are nothing more than diseases that people with very low cd4 counts will experience.
ITS A SHAME that people with hiv having the opportunity in the States to be healthy and live like a person with a chronic disease with the new meds still saying stupid things like hiv is a myth and that stupid s_hit.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Post deleted by thebody new
      #15472 - 02/08/01 08:16 PM

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: A QUESTION TO HIV DENIALISTS new
      #15862 - 02/20/01 03:32 PM

"...how do you explain that people how test positive after some years WILL ALWAYS experience many many wierd symptoms never seen before in people who test negative?"

The evidence does not support your statement. Many cases of HIV-free AIDS exist. Conversely, many HIV-positives have survived for up to two decades without developing any "AIDS" indicator diseases.

"...the symptoms are nothing more than diseases that people with very low cd4 counts will experience."

CD4 cell counts to not actually correlate with health. Many who die of AIDS have high CD4 cell counts. Conversely, many who have low CD4 cell counts remain perfectly healthy.

"ITS A SHAME that people with hiv having the opportunity in the States to be healthy and live like a person with a chronic disease with the new meds still saying stupid things like hiv is a myth and that stupid s_hit."

Actually the U.S. is revising its treatment guidelines this year to recommend NOT treating with "antiretrovirals" until actual symptoms appear. Officials admit that the side effects of these drugs are devastating to health. Here's a list of some of the side effects:

psychosis
insomnia
body deformities
osteonecrosis (bones dissolve)
increase risk of heart attack
high cholosterol
peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage)
vomiting
diarrhea
facial wasting
fat redistribution
elevated cholesterol
death

Anonymous
Unregistered

#16301 - 03/08/01 10:35 AM

What a total crock of balony!!!! I'm always amazed at the ability of otherwise intelligent adults to convince themselves that something they want to be true actually is. The denialists have their heads in the sand (or up their bu_ts) and confuse the issues and interfere with some individuals ability to make appropriate decisions. I am a heterosexual female nurse practitioner who works exclusively with patients with HIV and AIDS. I have many denialists in my practice. Some continue to deny even in the face of their impending death from opportunistic infections. Others have finally come to their senses when they convert from HIV to AIDs, have now started meds, and are vastly improved. It's easy to be a denialist when you are fairly well but active illness and the face of the grim reaper can change the minds of most stubborn fools.
Don't use the argument that the fact that some people have had HIV for >10 years without symptoms means their is no disease. Exam the facts about every disease known to man. Individuals with the same diagnosis will have different outcomes...Does that mean there is no such thing an colon cancer, or leukemia, or multiple sclerosis etc etc??? No!!! It just means that some individuals have an amazing physical, mental and spiritual ability to cope with their illness and they simply do better than some.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#17341 - 04/12/01 03:51 AM

Do you deny the fact that treatment guidelines have changed this year in the U.S. due to the extreme nature of the side effects?

If so it is you who are in denial.

guess
Unregistered

Re: Post deleted by thebody new
      #21859 - 09/04/01 03:07 PM

why did you delete this post? Let people here express their points of view.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5297

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3